FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XML-RPC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: XML-RPC Reply with quote

What with all the XML announcements, I figured I'd let you all know that I'm nearly done writing an XML-RPC client and server library based on D. Currently, it uses Andy's XML library, although I can easily change it to use one of the libraries in mango.

The client uses mango.http.client, and the server is a servlet.

Do you have any interest in including it in mango (once I switch XML APIs) or should I put in in a separate project?
stonecobra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: XML-RPC Reply with quote

demmegod wrote:
What with all the XML announcements, I figured I'd let you all know that I'm nearly done writing an XML-RPC client and server library based on D. Currently, it uses Andy's XML library, although I can easily change it to use one of the libraries in mango.

Awesome! I would suggest continuing using Andy's XML stuff for now. I am still a ways off on a working XML parser (spare time ain't what it used to be...)

Keep posting status on this thread as you move on.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Andy's Xml Lib Reply with quote

Quote:
Awesome! I would suggest continuing using Andy's XML stuff for now. I am still a ways off on a working XML parser (spare time ain't what it used to be...)

As well, let me know once you've got that working parser. Andy's XML library is great for it's simplicity, but it's not a REAL XML parser. Doesn't handle anything but char[] (so no full unicode support) and it also doesn't handle whitespace correctly (actually, I fixed that one.)

So I'm interested in a fully compliant parser. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
stonecobra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Andy's Xml Lib Reply with quote

demmegod wrote:

As well, let me know once you've got that working parser. Andy's XML library is great for it's simplicity, but it's not a REAL XML parser. Doesn't handle anything but char[] (so no full unicode support) and it also doesn't handle whitespace correctly (actually, I fixed that one.)

So I'm interested in a fully compliant parser. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

As of right now, I am only working on char[], waiting on some solid Unicode support from Deimos. Once that is in place, I could definitely use the help using Deimos' unicode stuff in the parser.

There is also a lot of other things you can do to help. Since the code I have posted up is mechanically and manually ported from java, all comments are gone, so there is no documentation.

Also, classes that actually have implementation (NamespaceSupport, for instance), could be refactored to maintain the public interface, but still become more D-like, and lose some of the java idioms it has inherited.

Plenty of work for a dozen people Cool
kris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: XML-RPC Reply with quote

demmegod wrote:

The client uses mango.http.client, and the server is a servlet.

Do you have any interest in including it in mango (once I switch XML APIs) or should I put in in a separate project?

Cool

This would certainly be most welcome under the Mango Tree!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: