FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

decoding of attribute values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: decoding of attribute values Reply with quote

the mango.xml.sax parser is damn fast.

I noticed it does no decoding of attribute values like "<", only for element text.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: decoding of attribute values Reply with quote

keinfarbton wrote:
the mango.xml.sax parser is damn fast.

Thanks! That's what I was going for. Have you done any speed tests against other parsers? I'm curious as to other people's numbers. I ran a few speed tests in the past and I recall coming to the conclusion that I wasn't testing it well.

Quote:
I noticed it does no decoding of attribute values like "<", only for element text.

Which version are you using? Someone submitted a bug on this on Thursday with a patch, and I committed the fix last night, along with the Exception change we discussed.

You'll also note that it doesn't support parsed entities or external references. Have you found these to be significant issues?

~John
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you done any speed tests against other parsers?

I need a xml parser for my tioport project. Actually it needs to parse 700 files with a overall size of about 75 MB.

First I used the enki XML parser. At this time the mango parser made trouble with tango. Enki needed about 3-5 minuates to parser all files.

After tioport worked the first time, i used it, to port the XPP parser from Java to D, and made tioport to use it. Now it needed 30 sec.

This week i changed to the mango parser, because i realized it is tango ready.
It needs about one second. Now the XML parsing is no more an issue. The remaining calculations in tioport are about 30 sec.

Quote:
Which version are you using?

I will try your update. Thanks

Quote:
You'll also note that it doesn't support parsed entities or external references. Have you found these to be significant issues?

In my case external entities are not an issue.
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keinfarbton wrote:

I need a xml parser for my tioport project. Actually it needs to parse 700 files with a overall size of about 75 MB.

Did you notice that the parser is reusable? That is, you shouldn't have to create a new instance for each file, but rather feed each file into the same instance one after another. Since you're parsing 700 files, this could speed it up a bit.

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: