FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Also trying OS/X with GDC 0.23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Also trying OS/X with GDC 0.23 Reply with quote

I'm trying OS/X on an older PowerPC and am getting the following message:

defaults-powerbook-g4-17:~/Documents/Downloads/bud-3.04/Source Tarka$ make -f Makefile.gdc
gdmd -op -release -inline -ofbuild build.d util/pathex_bn.d util/pathex.d source_bn.d util/str.d build_bn.d util/booltype.d util/fdt_bn.d util/str_bn.d source.d util/fdt.d util/fileex.d util/fileex_bn.d util/linetoken.d util/linetoken_bn.d util/macro.d util/file2.d
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
__D3std1c6darwin6darwin12__ModuleInfoZ
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [build] Error 1

I changed the .darwin modul specs to .unix, but made no difference. Is there something else I need before using build on OS/X?

Brian
afb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you changed to "std.c.unix.unix", you shouldn't get link errors like that ?
Maybe different errors, but not the same one. Perhaps you need to clean ?
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Nope, same error... Reply with quote

I went and deleted all the .o files I could find under the bud-3.04/Source directory and the util directory under that. I then re-issued make and got the same result.

I note this is different from the errors in the other post. I wonder if there's a problem with my configuration.

Brian
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2552
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Been there, did that Reply with quote

I made these changes. I'm still getting the link error.

Brian
Carlos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be there somewhere. Grep for 'darwin' in the files you're compiling to see where it is.
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the delay... Reply with quote

I've been busy trying to get a good set of D tools working on OS/X. I had postponed working on build in order to get an editory and debugger set up.

Now I've got that set up (well to a degree). I'm coming back to the problem of building bud and Tango. I've grepped for darwin in the source files in the bud-3.04 directory. Here's the output:

build.d:version(darwin) version = Posix;
build.d: else version(darwin)
build.d: static import std.c.darwin.darwin;
build.d: version(darwin)
build.d: ProcessBuildConfig("+darwin", lVerbose, vCombinedArgs);
source.d:version(darwin) version = Posix;
source.d: version(darwin) ActivateVersion("darwin");

I've grepped for ModuleInfo in the .d and .o files and found nothing. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanx

Brian
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry for the delay... Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I've been busy trying to get a good set of D tools working on OS/X. I had postponed working on build in order to get an editory and debugger set up.

Now I've got that set up (well to a degree). I'm coming back to the problem of building bud and Tango. I've grepped for darwin in the source files in the bud-3.04 directory. Here's the output:

build.d:version(darwin) version = Posix;
build.d: else version(darwin)
build.d: static import std.c.darwin.darwin;
build.d: version(darwin)
build.d: ProcessBuildConfig("+darwin", lVerbose, vCombinedArgs);
source.d:version(darwin) version = Posix;
source.d: version(darwin) ActivateVersion("darwin");

I've grepped for ModuleInfo in the .d and .o files and found nothing. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanx

Brian

Not actually have a Mac myself, I just assumed that there would be a std.c.darwin.darwin.d file in its system. If I got this wrong, please tell me what is needed to compile and link a D program in an OS/X environment.

I assume that you are not using the DigitalMars software but using GDC in some fashion. I've never used or even downloaded GDC so I haven't got much understanding about what it needs.

I have to find time to waste playing about with the GDC offering - on both Windows and linux.
afb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry for the delay... Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

Not actually have a Mac myself, I just assumed that there would be a std.c.darwin.darwin.d file in its system. If I got this wrong, please tell me what is needed to compile and link a D program in an OS/X environment.

std.c.linux.linux and std.c.darwin.darwin and friends have been replaced with std.c.unix.unix (for all of them) in the portable version of (g)Phobos...

There was a legacy std.c.darwin.darwin for a while, but it disappeared in the recent versions of GDC (0.22 or something ?). version(Unix) it is now.

So you need:
version(Windows)
version(linux) // for DMD
version(Unix) // for GDC
version(Posix) // for Tango

Note that Linux GDC sets *both* of linux and Unix.. Possibly Posix too. No idea what the difference between Windows and Win32 is, though.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Up to speed now... Reply with quote

Ok, I got it working. Turns out when I looked at the posting of how to change the std.c.darwin.darwin to std.c.unix.unix, I made the change in the ftd.d file because that's what was listed in the postings.

Bug grepping around I found it was in the build.d file also. I made that change, upgraded from gdc-0.22-mac... to gdc-0.23-mac... and everything compiles (though like that other posting, not with the -op option).

So I've got a functional build of build now. Onward...

Thanx again for everyone's help.

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: