FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

running a program from within a DFL app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: running a program from within a DFL app Reply with quote

Greetings!

I have created an HTML report and I would like to display it, how can I do this from within a DFL application?

For example, When I go to Start/Run, in windows, and I type an existing html page the default browser comes up showing the html page. Let's say that I have an html page called test.htm which resides, say in c:\temp\. If I go to Start/Run and I type,

c:\temp\test.htm

the default browser comes up and display that page. How can I apply the same behaviour from within DFL? I know that by calling IE it may work, but I want to use the default web browser. Or even better, can I display html on any of the DFL objects?

Also, when I use the phobos function system, a black screen appears. Any idea how do get rid of it?

Thanks,

josé
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: running a program from within a DFL app Reply with quote

I use ShellExecute; you can see in dfl.exe's source, located at packages\dfl\dflexe.d
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: running a program from within a DFL app Reply with quote

Chris Miller wrote:
I use ShellExecute; you can see in dfl.exe's source, located at packages\dfl\dflexe.d

Perfect. Thanks. I used ShellExecuteA, which is close to ShellExecute. Smile

thanks.

josé
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

related to this subject, I would like to do the same as above, but for something like,
Code:
c:\temp\
which should act like if you go to Start\Run and then type

c:\temp

and then hit enter, a file browser will popup, but it is not working from within DFL with with this command,

Code:
ShellExecuteA(null, null, std.string.toStringz("file://c:\\temp"), null, null, 0);

Any ideas how to get it to work? Sorry to ask all of these easy questions, but newbies will be newbies... Smile

thanks,

jic
jicman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have done a little homework... After doing a little google search, I found a bunch of options for the last entry. I still haven't figured out the rest, but the 8 in the last entry works.

Here it is for future reference:

Code:
ShellExecuteA(null, null, std.string.toStringz("c:\\temp"), null, null, 8);

thanks.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicman wrote:

Code:
ShellExecuteA(null, null, std.string.toStringz("file://c:\\temp"), null, null, 0);

Any ideas how to get it to work?
Coincidentally, I just fixed this issue in dfl.exe in the latest DFL snapshot (before you asked) and what I did was change the last arg from 0 to SW_SHOWNORMAL. 0 is only for opening documents. You also need to drop the file:// as you've done. Note that 8 is SW_SHOWNA, NA meaning no-activate, as in the new window probably won't come to the front.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: