FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hosts for MiniD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Hosts for MiniD Reply with quote

Can I use MiniD from a C++ application? Specifically, can I pass C++ data to a MiniD script and also have the script (directly?) update C++ data?

I'm shopping around for a scripting language to use in a new Text Editor that, unfortunately, is to be written in C++. (I've not given up hope to convince them about D yet, but it won't happen for V1.0 of the editor).
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about making a C interface to the MiniD library, but I'd like to finish the D interface first, at least Wink

However some of the changes in the MiniD type system would make it rather difficult to do some more interesting things through a non-D interface.. MiniD has been designed to thoroughly be a D scripting language. But it might still be possible to expose the basic interface.

If you're looking for a nice scripting language for C++, have a look at Squirrel, which has been a source of inspiration for MiniD. Its class implementation in particular is similar to MiniD. It's rather similar to MiniD; the first snippet on its front page would be:

Code:
local table = {
   a = "10",
   subtable = {
      array = [1,2,3]
   },
   [10 + 123] = "expression index"
};

local array=[ 1, 2, 3, { a = 10, b = "string" } ];

foreach(i,val; array)
{
   writefln("the type of val is ", typeof(val));
}

in MiniD.

There's also a binding library for it called SqPlus which is supposedly very easy to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: