FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mango not compiling properly under linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ameer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: mango not compiling properly under linux Reply with quote

Hi all
I'm new to dsource and , got the latest dmd/phobos from digital mars' site. Then I got mango beta 7 off the dsource mango site.
When I unpacked mango in dmd/src, and ran make -fMakefile.txt, it started compiling, but gave me a bunch of errors about conflicting types, invallid perameters, etc.
All the std files are found however, since it mentions std.c.linux.linux.
Am i missing something, or is there an actual bug?
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: mango not compiling properly under linux Reply with quote

ameer wrote:
When I unpacked mango in dmd/src, and ran make -fMakefile.txt, it started compiling, but gave me a bunch of errors about conflicting types, invallid perameters, etc.
Which version of the compiler are you running? I'd think that Kris tests it with the latest DMD.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ameer,

Do you have access to Python and SCons?? If so, I can give you a build script that will work just fine. I've abandoned make.

I also think that the updated script is in the Mango download. It would be called SConstruct.

I have put mango in the following directory:

/home/brad/dev/d/mango/

and so after that, you unpack your download and it becomes:

/home/brad/dev/d/mango/trunk/mango/*

The SConstruct file goes in the trunk/ directory.

http://www.python.org

http://www.scons.org
ameer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: mango not compiling properly under linux Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
ameer wrote:
Which version of the compiler are you running? I'd think that Kris tests it with the latest DMD.

I'm running dmd 0.92
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ameer.

I still use makefile to compile mango. The makefile.txt file in the make directory is full of invalid line end characters because it was created on the windows platform. Linux make doesn't like the file one bit.

Initially, I tried playing around with the file to try to remove all the wrong codes, but eventually I just ended up rewriting the makefile to fix the problem. I can send you the fixed one if you want or I can submit it to Kris so he can update the one in mango. Despite the availability of Scons, I think there should still be a working makefile for make diehards.

Later,

John
kris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Ameer.

I still use makefile to compile mango. The makefile.txt file in the make directory is full of invalid line end characters because it was created on the windows platform. Linux make doesn't like the file one bit.

Initially, I tried playing around with the file to try to remove all the wrong codes, but eventually I just ended up rewriting the makefile to fix the problem. I can send you the fixed one if you want or I can submit it to Kris so he can update the one in mango. Despite the availability of Scons, I think there should still be a working makefile for make diehards.

Later,

John

Ameer ~ here's a link to the make file John fixed (thank you John): http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/make/mango.mak

Note that you have to compile Mango from a directory "one removed" from the source itself; otherwise the compiler gets confused about import paths. That is, I compile everything from a "src" directory, which includes the make files plus src/mango/io, src/mango/server, etc

Let us know if you still run into problems ...

- Kris
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
Ameer ~ here's a link to the make file John fixed (thank you John): http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/make/mango.mak

Kris, the one you link to above is the updated win32 makefile. I think he needs the one for Linux that I sent you recently.... At least, after I read his post, I assumed he was working with mango on Linux... Maybe it would be best to label the makefiles explicitly for the OS they are designed for... perhaps a little less confusing Smile.

Later,

John
kris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
kris wrote:

Kris, the one you link to above is the updated win32 makefile. I think he needs the one for Linux that I sent you recently.... At least, after I read his post, I assumed he was working with mango on Linux... Maybe it would be best to label the makefiles explicitly for the OS they are designed for... perhaps a little less confusing Smile.

Later,

John

Doh!

Here's John's updated makefile: http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/make/Makefile.txt

Cheers mate. I'm even more vacant than usual recently cos' my house just went on the market today. Too many distractions <g>. Anyone in the SF Bay area, come over and have a beer/wine; I rather like what the stager's did to the place, and the refreshments have been upgraded accordingly ...

- Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: