FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arc re-organization....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Arc re-organization.... Reply with quote

I’m going to re-organize arc to

1) Make it easy to quickly glance top level directory of arc and determine its features

2) Make it easy to expand arc in the future

3) Make it easier to use arc

4) Make it easier to test modules independently and reduce module dependencies on other modules, but not eliminate them (since all modules make up a greater system)

As you can see from http://svn.dsource.org/projects/arcgames/trunk/arc/ , each major function of arc will be put into its own directory, the purpose of which is to 1) Minimize the subdirectories and 2) ensure that if I need to represent the code using multiple files, I can expand it to do so without effecting the existing file structure

I also am going to expose all of my 'd module classes' to the top level, since they are A) Self contained and B) Used everywhere, therefore shorter typing to access them is nice.

Also, I am going to put together a set of tests to ensure that each module works. I'll update when I have these tests complete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: