FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing SkyIDE - An IDE for D (and other languages)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Introducing SkyIDE - An IDE for D (and other languages) Reply with quote

I am happy to introduce to you SkyIDE, a multi compiler IDE that now also supports Digital Mars D. Thanks to your help before, support for Digital Mars D has been finalised. Here is SkyIDE's description:

SkyIDE is a free integrated development environment for C++, Java, Digital Mars D, Free Pascal and other languages. SkyIDE supports rich syntax highlighting and has a multi-compiler, multi project and multi profile support including using a specific compiler profile per project. Multi profile means you can add as many compiler profiles of a specific compiler as you want and use them in SkyIDE. You can easily change the compiler profile one project is using after the project has been created. Multi project means you can have multiple projects open at the same time. The code editor features separate abbrevations and auto completes for each file type supported. These features can be customized.

SkyIDE supports up to 6 compilers at the moment: Borland C++, GNU C++, Digital Mars C++, Digital Mars D, Sun Java and the Free Pascal compiler.

You can download the *latest* Beta 7 from: http://www.skyide.com/downloads/SkyIDE_Beta.zip

Please downoad it of my web site until Betanews.com updates their database to Beta 7.

Betanews.com will have SkyIDE beta 7 listed soon. At the time of writing, Beta 6 is the one currently listed on betanews.com (Beta 6 is very old and doesn't support D) Current version is Beta 7 (of my web site).

Problems: SkyIDE doesn't run at all on Win2000 so until I implement a fix for the problem (in about a month), WinXP is the only platform supported.

Please note that SkyIDE is a one-man band and I try my best to make it as feature-rich as possible. Feedback is always welcome.

Last edited by alex_d on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a pretty nice IDE. One feature I would really appreciate is that when you create a new project, you should be able to select a project folder and any D files that are in that folder and subfolders should be added to the project automatically.
alex_d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This looks like a pretty nice IDE. One feature I would really appreciate is that when you create a new project, you should be able to select a project folder and any D files that are in that folder and subfolders should be added to the project automatically.

Ok, that doesn't look like a problem and I will try to have it done in Beta 8. Looks like a simple stuff.
csauls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempting to run it on Win98 errors on startup with:
Error reading imgListProjectTree->Bitmap: Failed to read ImageList data from stream.

Otherwise it does like like a pretty decent IDE.
alex_d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 95/98/ME are officially not supported so you can't run it. I am really sorry about it.

However I will fix the problem with Windows 2000.
alex_d

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded Beta 7 Update 4

http://www.skyide.com/downloads/SkyIDE_Beta.zip

Bug fixes with the project explorer (quite a few) + bug fixes with the Line Search on the bottom panel.
alex_d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to let you know that I already started work on adding "Project Directory" option so I can confidently say it should be ready in Beta 8. I will add it for all projects, not just D. Also, I intend to start uploading a nightly build debug version as I add new features. So there may not be a need to wait until Beta 8 (1-2 weeks away)
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me looks forward to it
alex_d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayasaurus

This is what SkyIDE will do when creating new projects

There is a button and a text box with Select Project directory. You press the button and the Browse for Folder dialog appears. You select a folder and the selected folder will be insterted into the text box.

The button for "Select Project Location" will be removed, instead, you will only type the name of the project for example "MyDProject" or "MyDMDProject". Then, the final project directory will be the path that you selected in the browse for folder section + the name that you typed for a new project dir. For example

Browse For Project Dir = "C:\Projects\DProjects\"
Project Name = "MyDMDProject"

Final = "C:\Projects\DProjects\MyDMDProject"

a directory called "MyDMDProject" along with all the project settings and files will be created. Is this the behaviour you expect?
alex_d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modifications completed! Smile Now I it is time to add support for Openwatcom C++ and finally fix the Windows 2000 error!

Adding Openwatcom compiler support will make SkyIDE support up to 7 compilers Smile
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
clayasaurus

This is what SkyIDE will do when creating new projects

There is a button and a text box with Select Project directory. You press the button and the Browse for Folder dialog appears. You select a folder and the selected folder will be insterted into the text box.

The button for "Select Project Location" will be removed, instead, you will only type the name of the project for example "MyDProject" or "MyDMDProject". Then, the final project directory will be the path that you selected in the browse for folder section + the name that you typed for a new project dir. For example

Browse For Project Dir = "C:\Projects\DProjects\"
Project Name = "MyDMDProject"

Final = "C:\Projects\DProjects\MyDMDProject"

a directory called "MyDMDProject" along with all the project settings and files will be created. Is this the behaviour you expect?

Yes. BTW, posting in the digitalmars.d newsgroup http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/indexing.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D (recommend thunderbird for reading) will get you more responses. Can I download the latest version at the same link?
alex_d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the web site is back and running Smile I will post Beta 8 on the linked web site. Thanks for that! Smile

Umm so far I haven't done a nightly build but right after the release of Beta 8, I will start creating new builds with every new feature. Beta 8 is about 24 hours away from the time of this post.

Latest modifications:

Added: Auto Save Projects before compiling (off by default)
Added: SkyIDE's maximized/restored/left/top/right screen positions are now saved
Added: Select a project directory when creating projects
Added: Support for the Openwatcom C++ compiler
Added: Go To Function Declaration (right click menu)

Bugfix: Fix for the Windows 2000 error
Bugfix: The Free Pascal compiler bug has been fixed.
Bugfix: D keywords syntax highlighter has been fixed (mistake caused by a typo)

Improved: Document tabs are now just above the source files instead of stretching all the way
Improved: Re-organised right click menu for the editor
Improved: Now the appropriate C++/D/Java etc toolbar is shown/hidden when the right file is shown. No more cluttered interface!
Improved: Compile Menus merged. Now everything is under one compile menu
Improved: The File Inspector now scrolls instead of using a multi-tab format
Improved: SkyIDE no longer closes when there is one document open
alex_d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 8 is out. If anyone sees strange behaviour, inconsistencies etc please let me know so I can them it after all it's still a Beta version. I want to have everything fixed for v1.0 and add as many features as possible. For Beta 9 I indend to add support for Bakefile and CYGWIN but no promises Smile

Added: Support for the Openwatcom C++ Compiler
Added: Select a project directory when creating projects
Added: Dynamic Auto Complete picks up user defined variables of any type now
Added: Dynamic Auto Complete for Pascal
Added: Dynamic Auto Complete for VB
Added: Dynamic Auto Complete for Digital Mars D
Added: Auto Save Projects Option before Compile (off by default)
Added: Auto Save Files Option before Compile (off by default)
Added: SkyIDE's maximized/restored/left/top/right screen positions are now saved
Added: Go To Function Declaration (right click menu)

Bugfix: Start-up bug - start up speed lag with multiple open files
Bugfix: Object Viewer & Dynamic Auto Complete confused keywords with variables (sometimes)
Bugfix: Dynamic Auto Complete picked up line-commented variables
Bugfix: Object Viewer picked up line-commented variables
Bugfix: Pascal function/procedure detection did not work so well
Bugfix: Bug, Unable to paste via keyboard's 'CTRL+V' to the line search input
Bugfix: Windows 2000 error
Bugfix: SkyIDE Free Pascal compiler bug (when compiling files)
Bugfix: Digital Mars D keywords syntax highlighter bug - (Error caused by a typo)

Improved: Start-up speed with multiple open files
Improved: Document tabs are now just above the source files instead of stretching all the way
Improved: Completely re-organised the right click menu for the editor - no longer cluttered
Improved: Now the appropriate C++/D/Java etc toolbar is shown/hidden when the right file is shown. No more cluttered interface!
Improved: Compile Menus merged. Now everything is under one compile menu
Improved: The File Inspector now scrolls instead of using a multi-tab format
Improved: SkyIDE no longer closes when there is one document open

clayasaurus, I will make the annoucement on the link you provided once SkyIDE appears on Betanews.com. It should be listed soon.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might actually be better to announce it here http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/indexing.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce
alex_d

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks clayasaurus, the annoncement is up! Smile

I wish I didn't make those typos. I saw them after I posted the topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: