FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 20th -- More encodings and fixed for loops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: October 20th -- More encodings and fixed for loops Reply with quote

I put in support for UTF-8 and UTF-16LE reading in the compiler. UTF-16LE works, not sure about UTF-8; I don't know how to make such a file. I think all of my text editors make UTF-16 files. And I really don't know how I'll make UTF-32 files..

Secondly, there was a bug in for loops where upvalues were not set correctly, meaning that a nested function in a for loop would start accessing random values on the stack when accessed after the for loop. Bad. So I fixed it -- there's an extra 'close' instruction in the loop, but I'm not sure how I'd get rid of that without really restructuring the way the for loops work. It's harmless but takes up a cycle, so..

That's about it for today. I've also been researching how to make some kind of Pyd-esque binding system. I'm not entirely sure how Pyd does it Wink But I know it requires an awful lot of template hacking. I'd also imagine the design of the templates is heavily dictated by how the API wants the data, so maybe with some clever API design, the template hacking can be kept to a minimum. In any case, using the core MiniD API isn't too painful to begin with, but..

Lastly, unfortunately I have yet another school assignment which I'll probably be working on this weekend, so I don't know how much MiniD work will get done over the weekend. But these past few days have been really good Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: