FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

readme

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: readme Reply with quote

First I want to thank everyone that use my player or report bugs. This post is kind of excuse because I haven't touched it for a long time. I haven't abandoned it officially, but I don't have any desire for programming. D is great and very fun, but kung fu is better. Really.

Quote:

Kung Fu comes from China and dates back to origins well into the B.C. era. It is an approach toward life and self-cultivation which includes combat but goes well beyond the concept of combat. Kung fu is as much about spiritual training and self-evolvement as it is about fighting.

The term Kung Fu actually means "time" and "effort" and can actually refer to any endeavor which is approached with an attitude of slow and persistent perfection through time. The common understanding of the term Kung Fu denotes a martial and fighting context, however Kung Fu is also founded deeply on ideas of character development and right action.
bobef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the player is gaining more popularity recently. Some people get kind of addicted (including me sometimes). I believe this is bad. I don't like being attached. Plus I feel bad because I am responsible that people are wasting their time with my player. Not wasting their time using it, this is because of the movies, but because some people (including me sometimes) don't take it as a mere tool for watching movies, and instead they focus on the tool. They start wasting their time contributing stuff, waiting for new version, even reading this forum. In my point of view this stuff is bad so I probably won't be developing the software much longer. Maybe few more bug fixes and I am done...
Guillaume

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A program like this can have a relatively short development cycle, there's nothing wrong with that. But seeing that people like your software so much that they'd like to contribute and think constructively with you to make it even better, that should be the best compliment there is. Whether they're getting 'addicted' to your tool or not is not your problem, or a problem you've created. And please do remember that you're always the one with the last vote. You won't be 'attached' to anyone.
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is the best compliment and I appreciate it very much. But the problem, if it is a problem, is that I have very different goals in my life than writing software. And some of my beliefs (in accord with my goals) include that I am fully responsible for what I have created...

Quote:
You won't be 'attached' to anyone.

I am not attached to someone but to the software itself which is undesirable for me...
Guillaume

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand completely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: