FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to setup VS .NET to use D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: How to setup VS .NET to use D Reply with quote

Hi there

I am very new to D, although i discovered it already some months ago and was enthusiastic about it from the very first moment Very Happy

Anyway, i already compiled a Hello World example. However, i never got to really use D, since i hate working with command line tools.

Since i use Visual Studio .NET for C++, i would like to use it with D, too. But i got no clue, how to achieve that. I browsed through the options, but i couldn´t find where to change the compiler/linker (maybe i´m just too blind).

It would be even greater, if it was possible, to create a new project template, so that i can select if i want to create a new C++ or a D project.

Well, i really don´t know how to do that. Where do i have to put the compiler/linker ? Do i still need to add environment variables? Etc. etc. etc.

If anyone knows how to do that, i would really appreciate if you can tell me. I´d love to play with D (especially, since OpenGL can be used too), but i really want to use an IDE for that.

Thanks,
Jan.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the DigitalMars newsgroup. There's a long discussion about it recently, and people are getting things to work with Visual Studio.

Point your news client to news.digitalmars.com and subscribe to digitalmars.D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: