FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TextViews and buffers and such

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: TextViews and buffers and such Reply with quote

I have a Frame with a TextView in it, and with a buffer set for the TextView. The content of the buffer is set in a callback and is not editable by the user.

The TextView is one line high (and should stay that way), but the text in the buffer frequently get's to long for the view, and the view is not able constrain itself, instead it expands such that the whole buffer fits, even if this means the textview goes outside it's frame/container. Can I somehow tell the textview to make the text in the TextView scrollable (like a selected name in a FileChooser), instead of expanding the TextView ? I tried the wrapmode, but it expands the TextView in the height direction instead, making it two (or more) lines.
Ant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TextViews and buffers and such Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
The TextView is one line high (and should stay that way), but the text in the buffer frequently get's to long for the view

Should you use an Entry instead?
here is the DuitTests example:
http://dsource.org/projects/dui/browser/trunk/demos/duit/TestEntries.d

lets us know (maybe there is a reason not to use an Entry)

Ant
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware that Entry existed, and it is just what I wanted. Thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: