FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2D Arcade Game Library graphics primitives + more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phr00t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Either I edited your post by mistake, or a PHPBB bug caused your my post to override your post. Sorry. For some reason the post I gave below over rode this post. ~

Wierd! Very Happy

Quote:
No, the interface will stay the same like s1.collide(s2)

Ahhh, OK, I did like that better Wink

Quote:
Ok, but I will also need collision type and for perpix frame I will need the number of static rotation frames to create per degree.

Yes yes, you are right.

Quote:
I was planning on having an Animation class with a dynamic array of frames, the basis of which is already in Arc.

Oh OK OK, I'm not needing Animation (at least initially) in my game, so maybe later I'll see what you cook up -- it was a suggestion.

Quote:
I was then planning on having a Creature class with a dynamic array of animations, and which would have more game specific code such as 'c.goto(x,y)'

OK... depending on how you implement it, it might be too specific and people won't be able to use it, but if someone finds it helpful, and the rest can ignore/version it out -- its cool with me Smile
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start playing around with directories soon, and this is the final directory structure planned for v.1 so far.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/warbots/browser/web/arc.png

If this is good then I will commence with v.1, which might hopefully be done in the future.
Phr00t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, looks good.

Now.. if I do an SVN update of my ARC directory, I will have to change my boxframe's to Sprites and whatnot, but is the functionality there (at least what was implemented in boxframe) so I can continue working on my game?
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr00t wrote:
OK, looks good.

Now.. if I do an SVN update of my ARC directory, I will have to change my boxframe's to Sprites and whatnot, but is the functionality there (at least what was implemented in boxframe) so I can continue working on my game?

Here's my plan to get to v0.1 ...

#1) rename existing directories to stabalize and match what I have outlined in the above .png file. Once this is done, the directory structures should be stable until v0.1 is complete. I'm also thinking of moving the creature class into the gfx module.

#2) need to move collision code to arc.phy.collision and write the Sprite class. Once the sprite class is done and tested with all collisions only then would I recommend you to use it.

#3) Fill in code for Animation and Creature class, plus TileMap and Parallax class, and whatever else needs to be complete.

#4) Update docs

#5) branch version 0.1 in a different trunk, have some download files, update pong, make a space game, announce on digitalmars newsgroup, announce on dsource, and party!

While your waiting, I suggest you start planning your game top down design style with freemind! http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page . Unless of course you have all the design details planned out already.

[edit] Started new forum topic as this one was getting large and off topic. New topic can be found here: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8773#8773
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: