FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Compiling Questions Reply with quote

Right now when I compile my d files I get an exe, an obj, and a map file. I use the arg -od to send the obj file to another dir, and -of to send the exe file to the same dir, but is there any way to move the map file out of the way? I don't want it laying around with my source files.

Is it possible to compile a whole dir in one step with a compiler flag or do I need to come up with some script to cycle through every file with dmd?

How exactly do you create a lib file out of d modules?

Sorry, just new to manual compiling.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling Questions Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
Right now when I compile my d files I get an exe, an obj, and a map file. I use the arg -od to send the obj file to another dir, and -of to send the exe file to the same dir, but is there any way to move the map file out of the way? I don't want it laying around with my source files.

Removal of the map file is a scripting/manual issue.

Nova wrote:

Is it possible to compile a whole dir in one step with a compiler flag or do I need to come up with some script to cycle through every file with dmd?

Have you tried dmd *.d ?

Nova wrote:

How exactly do you create a lib file out of d modules?

Check out lib.exe.

Nova wrote:

Sorry, just new to manual compiling.

We all were at some time.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling Questions Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
I make use of batch files or makefiles to handle situations like this.

I've created a simple tool that should make such a file for you when it's run from the directory you want to turn into a .lib.

The resulting batch file should look something like this (depending on which files are there):
Code:
dmd -c code_formater.d -I..
dmd -c compall.d -I..
dmd -c build_info\build.d -I..
dmd -c build_info\build_info.d -I..
lib -c tools.lib code_formater.obj compall.obj build.obj build_info.obj
pause
erase *.obj
Nova

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling Questions Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
Nova wrote:

Have you tried dmd *.d ?

Yes I have, it gave me an error.

And thanks jcc7, thats exactly what I needed Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: