FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDL, openglu, and derelict

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: SDL, openglu, and derelict Reply with quote

hello. it seems like you already have opengl running fine now.
can you please add D interfaces for SDL and openglu too?
I already have my own versions of both that work under linux and I could send you those if you want, but it would be nice to have them in a standard place.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I have no plans to include SDL in the Derelict 1.0 release. I outlined the target for 1.0 in another post here and plan to stick to it. SDL will get added eventually, but my focus for 1.0 is on low-level libraries. But that's just what I'm focused on. If anyone wants to contribute anything else for 1.0 I'll happily include it, provided they are willing to follow a few coding conventions.

As to glu, I admit I hadn't considered it (as I never use it), but it makes sense to include it. I'll release it in Derelict 0.1, which is just around the corner.

And OpenGL isn't complete yet. I'm still having load time issues with the extensions and am looking at ways to cut it down.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: what coding conventions? Reply with quote

what coding conventions do you want someone adding to Derelict to follow?

I don't care too much about that as long as it allows me to interface to the C libraries (opengl, openglu, sdl) that I want, and it pretty much is just a bunch of extern (C) functions.

However, I wouldn't mind trying to get SDL running for derelict.
What are the coding conventions?
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through the SDL headers, and it isn't going to take much to get it into Derelict. So I'll take care of it. Derelict 0.1 will now include OpenGL, glu, and SDL.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thanks aldacron. can't wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: