FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.a and.lib conflict
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Committed files Reply with quote

Ok, I've committed ArchiveLibrary.d and ArchiveLoader.d into ddl/ar

They work for my ELF loaders, and a simple test is printing all the symbols from libphobos.a

To test if it works for a COFF-library, add ArchiveLoader to the registry.

The COFF-library loader, has a section for the case where it is an import library/module. I've removed this, as I believe this possibly should be put into a COFFImportModule, although the resulting data might fit best into the archive (I don't really know, the COFF-loader don't seem to have a complete implementation). And when I say removed, I mean it is not in the ArchiveLibrary implementation, I haven't touched the coff directory.

I've also committed a minor change to ExportSymbol, adding

<code>
static const ExportSymbol NONE;
</code>

If you want to return an empty symbol somewhere, just do
<code>
return ExportSymbol.NONE;
</code>

And elsewhere you can do the

<code>
if (getExportSymbol("foo") == ExportSymbol.NONE) {
assert(0);
}
</code>

I haven't actually tested this apart from the fact that it compiles, but I've used it in C++, so hopefully it works the same Smile Spank me if you find it silly, or not to work as intended.
pragma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Committed files Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
Ok, I've committed ArchiveLibrary.d and ArchiveLoader.d into ddl/ar

They work for my ELF loaders, and a simple test is printing all the symbols from libphobos.a

To test if it works for a COFF-library, add ArchiveLoader to the registry.

That's fantastic Lars. I like your implementation but there's just one catch: the references to std.stream. No worries though, we can refactor after the ELF side of things is 100?.

Quote:

The COFF-library loader, has a section for the case where it is an import library/module. I've removed this, as I believe this possibly should be put into a COFFImportModule, although the resulting data might fit best into the archive (I don't really know, the COFF-loader don't seem to have a complete implementation). And when I say removed, I mean it is not in the ArchiveLibrary implementation, I haven't touched the coff directory.

I'm going to have to refactor the bejezus out of the COFF loader anyway, and I'm glad I waited for your ArchiveLoader first. I'll take your suggestion and refactor the implib stuff into COFFImportModule - I have to do some of the same .dll management for OMF anyway. Sad

Quote:

I've also committed a minor change to ExportSymbol, adding

<code>
static const ExportSymbol NONE;
</code>

You probably noticed, but I got into the habit of using ExportSymbol.init instead. This is nice touch, and I'll be quick to use it!
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Committed files Reply with quote

[quote="pragma"]
That's fantastic Lars. I like your implementation but there's just one catch: the references to std.stream. No worries though, we can refactor after the ELF side of things is 100?.

[quote]

Yes, I'm aware of this, but see my last post in the ELF Handler status thread.
pragma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Committed files Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:

Gotcha. Apart from endian-conversions not being supported on the ReadCursor, is there anything else that you feel it needs? Perhaps I should look into bringing a FileConduit/Reader implementation over into DDL?
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Committed files Reply with quote

pragma wrote:
larsivi wrote:

Gotcha. Apart from endian-conversions not being supported on the ReadCursor, is there anything else that you feel it needs? Perhaps I should look into bringing a FileConduit/Reader implementation over into DDL?

Hmm, actually, I just didn't like the interface Wink Since I already had used std.stream, I had to change quite a few calls should I use ReadCursor. But since std.stream is out of the question (?), I wouldn't mind something like FileConduit.

As for the endianness, it is not very important, but I suppose that the reader might be able to do it a tad more efficient than what I currently have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: