FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build Poseidon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2my

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Build Poseidon Reply with quote

Hi!

This is a promising project! One of the disadvantages of programming in D, is the lack of good IDEs. I believe this can be the solution...

But which version of DMD is required to compile Poseidon and DWT? I've tried the most recent one, 0.148...

Regards,
Tommy
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very busy recently. I will fix DWT to compliant with the newest DMD as soon as possible.

BTW, Poseidon v0.2 is in the corner. You can download it from trunk/current with a SVN client.
Endler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded one of the SVN clients and checked out 0.2. None of the menu items with shortcuts defined display properly. Only items without shortcuts (such as "Language") display normally. Items with shortcuts appear as several squares followed by just the shortcut key letter in parenthesis. I tried changing the default font in the config file from “Courier New” to something else, but the change doesn’t stick. It just gets overwritten right back to “Courier New” when I start Poseidon. That’s probably not the problem anyway, since I do, in fact, have “Courier New” installed on my system.
qbert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endler wrote:
I tried changing the default font in the config file from “Courier New” to something else, but the change doesn’t stick.

The default language is Chinese , you will need to change the language under the Tools->Language option.

Wink.
Endler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The default language is Chinese , you will need to change the language under the Tools->Language option.

Thanks. That was easy. Smile I didn't think to check that because all the build tool dropdown menu items, and a few other places, were all in English even when it was set to Chinese. I guess it's partially hardcoded in English.
qbert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endler wrote:
I guess it's partially hardcoded in English.

The Tool Items are generated dynamically, those are just the default ones already added . If you add a tool item in your native language it should show up that way.

I do see one untranslated Label's on the Options dlg,

Double Click Item To Change. ( ./poseidon/controller/property/shortcutpage.d:53: )

the other ( Load WorkSpace on Startup ) , doesn't seem to have a japanese or chinese translation yet, that option just got added , works pretty sweet too Very Happy.

Great job Shawn Smile.
Endler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great job Shawn Smile.

Thanks to you both! I didn’t get a chance to actually do any coding, but I loaded a project and noticed that the outline pane is now functional. It worked great. I was just starting to break the project up into smaller modules for easier navigation, but now I can click quickly to any function in long modules. I also verified that your Intellisense code has now been implemented and that a lot of editor preferences can now be customized. Good work guys. This is a very nice upgrade. I can’t wait to put it to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: