FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mango documentation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Mango documentation Reply with quote

We've been over the Mango documentation before, and I still don't like the way it's done. DMD's DDoc looks promising: are we planning on switching over to it at some point? (It still needs some work, I think).

~John
kris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah; Doxygen doesn't work so well with D (and could look better too). However, it does have relationship diagrams, annotated source-code, indexing, and hot-linking between everything.

As I understand it, Walter has no intention of adding such things to DDoc. That leaves a big hole. One could use NaturalDocs (which looks quite nice), or wait for someone to create something specially for D. Presumeably the latter would use DDoc as a starting point via an XML version of the content?

That leaves things sorta up in the air right now ~ I'd like to use DDoc, but don't find it nearly powerful enough. What do you think?
teqdruid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris wrote:
wait for someone to create something specially for D. Presumeably the latter would use DDoc as a starting point via an XML version of the content?

I think that this is the way to go. Once such a tool exists that has dependancy graphs and such, I'd use it. The reason I asked my original question is to find out what format I should put my code in in the future. Ddoc's output for mango already looks OK, but stuff like @authors doesn't look right, obviously.

I really wish I had more free time to take on a project like that. Oh well.

~John
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a mostly working port of the DMD front end in D, I havent touched the DDoc stuff but it would be easy to port over and possibly expand. But I agree that the best way is probably to use DDoc -> XML and use an existing xml -> html package.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: