FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will DFC has layout manager ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Will DFC has layout manager ? Reply with quote

Well I think DFC is usable but whether it has a layout manager as Java ?
And whether it can be more abstract ?
DButton will be DAbstractButton and has child is DButton and DGroupBox.
DStatic will has child DFrame and DLabel ?
l8night

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design reasoning behind the DFC was to be as close to the metal as possible, using the features that D offered to their best.
there is no point having an AbstractButton, DButton is a wrapper over the Windows "BUTTON" Control. It is a concrete class not an abstract one, perhaps calling it GenericButton might be better.
That is why there is no wrapper arounf HDC, HFONT etc.
However you would use the DFC to create a Java AWT/ Delphi class lib over the top of this very thin wrapper.
if you want layout managment, have a look at the bitmapview example, this uses a custom scrollbar (rather than a subclasses control), unlike the Java Layout system, Layout managers are not part of the Window class they are instead object that manage the ON_SIZE message of the attached class (again like using GetProp rather than getting the user long) this allows subclassed controls to be easily mixed with owner draw items etc etc.
l8night

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: yes! Reply with quote

I've moved the layout manager system from the bitmap example into the main library as I'm happy that it works (as I use it on all my personal apps)
its not quite the same as other systems, but that is because I've tried to get a system that solve what I see as the failings of the Java/Delphi/GTK etc layout managers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> L8night All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: