FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows port

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saivert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Windows port Reply with quote

Windows port

I really want to see a Windows port of h2d. I will try to download boost and compile it using Digital Mars C/C++ compiler. I already got STLPort installed but I need to make it work with DMC (alternatively download the STLPort for DMC).

Or even better:

A version of h2d written in D itself. That shouldn't be too hard. There are plenty of code here at dsource for parsing D source files which can come in handy to understand how D works (in code) and then write a C parser in D.
Cabal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi saivert,

Good luck with making a windows port - I think you'll get on better with a straight port than with converting it to D. h2d is 99? boost::spirit code and I don't believe there is anything even remotely similar in capability for D yet (and there probably never will be given that spirit is deep c++ voodoo) - you'd be better off starting from scratch if you went in the D direction.

I'm a little surprised there's still a need for 'h2d' to be honest - this project was intended as a limited stop gap and I haven't bothered much with D since I wrote it. As I've said before in relation to the C header issue the *only* clean way to get the intended effect is for Walter to allow the D compiler to scan the C headers for you transparently - he's got C compiler code lying around which would be ideal for the job. Anything and everything else is going to be a bastardised half-solution. But good luck anyway ;P

I'll keep an eye on the forum (again) now that you've expressed an interest - if you've any questions, ask 'em here.

cabal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> h2d All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: