FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autogenerated GTK+ bindings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Autogenerated GTK+ bindings Reply with quote

I've been working on bcd.gen, a generator fo bindings to C/C++ libraries in D. It supports a fairly decent number of libraries now, including GTK+. It's of course a one-to-one binding of C functions to D extern (C) definitions.

I'm wondering if the autogenerated GTK+ bindings could be helpful to the Duit project. I imagine you're rolling your own bindings right now, and that's probably difficult to maintain (?), but bcd.gen can generate these bindings automatically, leaving you with more time to make the excellent object oriented frontend Smile

PS: I don't mean to insult your bindings or ability to make them, just trying to give you a helpful option.

PPS: BCD is at http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd/
Ant

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Autogenerated GTK+ bindings Reply with quote

Gregor wrote:
I've been working on bcd.gen, a generator fo bindings to C/C++ libraries in D. It supports a fairly decent number of libraries now, including GTK+. It's of course a one-to-one binding of C functions to D extern (C) definitions.

Yes, I have to check it and also Walter's new tool.
Unfortunatly I'm know for delaying the decision to take the obvious path...

is there an example of the gtk bindings? I couldn't find it on your page.

Ant
Gregor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Autogenerated GTK+ bindings Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
Gregor wrote:

Yes, I have to check it and also Walter's new tool.
Unfortunatly I'm know for delaying the decision to take the obvious path...

is there an example of the gtk bindings? I couldn't find it on your page.

Ant

Sorry, the page is kind of worthless right now 8-X ...

In svn, in bcd/test/gtk2.d, there's a very simple app linked against bcd.gtk2.gtk. It's derived trivially from the Hello World example in the GTK+ tutorial. I'm afraid that's the only example I have, but it works and shows how the bindings work *shrugs*
Gregor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! I had forgotten to `svn commit` (or maybe it just didn't go through) ... maybe that's what you meant. They're in properly now.
Ant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregor wrote:
Whoops! I had forgotten to `svn commit` (or maybe it just didn't go through) ... maybe that's what you meant. They're in properly now.

Yes, that's it. I have to look at it.

thank you,

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: