FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

d-programming-language.org

View previous topic :: View next topic  
un_guru

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: d-programming-language.org Reply with quote

hello,
i hope we can talk about the d-programming-language.org site here
how should it be built(css/html) ?
colors, logos, ...
the content
page layout ...
anything related to it.

I also hope I'm not offending anyone, but I really don't like the digitalmars news system.
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: d-programming-language.org Reply with quote

un_guru wrote:
how should it be built(css/html) ?
I'm not a self-proclaimed web design expert, so I'll just say I'm suspicious of fancy graphics such as Tiberiu Gal's design. It might look nice (and it does), but how hard would it be to implement in actual HTML/CSS? On the other hand, nick's design looks nice, too, and he's proven that it can be done in HTML/CSS. Honestly, I kind of prefer Tiberiu's color scheme, so I might look into doing a hybrid design if I can kind a speck of time to devote to the project.

un_guru wrote:
I also hope I'm not offending anyone, but I really don't like the digitalmars news system.
I doubt that would offend anyone. Some people prefer the newsgroup because they like viewing the conversation in Outlook or Thunderbird, but absolutely no one likes the web interface. But it can be hard to get general D topics going at dsource. I think it's largely because the newsgroups have been around longer and have a lot higher traffic. And since this topic already has a few threads going in the main newsgroup (most recently digitalmars.D:38201), so this topic will have a hard time competing against that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: