FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When an official release?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
he-man

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: When an official release? Reply with quote

I'm wondering when is an official first DUI release is being done. I'm interested in switching to D if I've got gtk bindings and I'd like to.
I'm not using the svn version right now because I don't want to have to modify my code much when the name for the package is changed (maybe to GtkD or whatever)

Could anyone tell me when will we have a reasonably usable release and without big changes to the API?
And Ant, thanks for your project Smile
he-man

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone can ask me, pleeeease ? Crying or Very sad And thank you.
JJR

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant's been fairly active on this project, so I expect he will release something fairly soon now. As far as I know, the svn repository is pretty up to date.

I think we are currently just waiting for:

1. A name change
2. Some bug cleanup
3. And Windows support (which just requires some conversion script changes as far as I know; I don't think Ant's done those changes yet).

Ant indicated that his LEDS project now compiles with his DUIT source, which is a good sign that he's readying for a final release. If we get LEDS compiled on windows as well, I think that will be the ultimate indication.

-JJR
Ant

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Ant's been fairly active on this project, so I expect he will release something fairly soon now....

Yes, you're right.
Unfortunatly again this weekend I won't have time for D... Sad

You're also right on what's left to do, basically windows release, and decide on the name. (cairo* and openGL** will be added later).
All new projects should use the new Duit from the svn repository.

Ant

* cairo package already exists.
** the existing programs can handle the GtkGLExt binding/wrapping.
j

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait, i've got a few projects lined up that this would be perfect for. now all we need is for leds to get done Very Happy
bernd

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ant,
thanks for your job, i found the sources, but they are not practicle for us. No Makefiel or identical, so I can not make a library.
We are planning to port an application from C/Gtk to D/Gtk and it will be a big help for us to get a package ( for configure) to install the libraries.
Thanks bernd
Ant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernd wrote:
Hello ant,
thanks for your job, i found the sources, but they are not practicle for us. No Makefiel or identical, so I can not make a library.
We are planning to port an application from C/Gtk to D/Gtk and it will be a big help for us to get a package ( for configure) to install the libraries.
Thanks bernd

The Makefiles I can supply are generated automatically by leds (my D editor)
and are very low quality.
(that feature in leds is currently broken but I'll fix it and try to add the Makefiles tonight.)
You should be able to generate the lib using the build utility found on another project here on dsource.

(on moving from C/Gtk to D/Gtk: you do now you have available D vanilla bindings to Gtk (on the bindings project here on dsource).
if you are porting existing C code that will be more direct.)

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: