FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TeqXMLReader Performance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: TeqXMLReader Performance Reply with quote

I've just committed some improvements to my XML parser: TeqXMLReader. I was able to shave off 25? of the runtime in the first round. (The DMD profiler was a big help.) It's pretty fast, but I'm not satisfied. I think in the same league as the good Java parsers, and it bothers me that I'm lagging behind the Perl one. According to my tests, my parser takes about 25? longer than the Perl one to parse the same file:
Code:
time ./timedXmlRead big.xml
Total time: 14782

real    0m14.786s
user    0m12.633s
sys     0m1.696s

time ./perlXmlRead.pl big.xml

real    0m12.343s
user    0m10.761s
sys     0m0.892s

I think the problem lies in the amount of system CPU time, but I'm not certain why.

I'd appreciate it if anyone interested would give it a look-see. I know that there are faster ways to do a lot of the things I'm doing, but I'm not seeing it right now.

Thanks,
John Demme
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: