FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

built on linux! path problems though...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
penultimatefire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: built on linux! path problems though... Reply with quote

DSP is exciting. I wanted the NGWF(tm) (next great web framework) to be a D webserver/D servlet container combo with dynamic loading of servlets and whatnot and then I discovered that you had most of this going!

I checked out the SVN trunk this morning and built it on my ubuntu webserver. I had to make some changes--dsp/tags/all.d was referring to files that weren't there, and there was a Linux bug with the path handling in app.xml's <application> path attribute...the server is running now but when I go to localhost:8080/dspconf/index.dsp for example, I get a 500 internal server error and the following log message:

20228 ERROR mango.servlet.ServletContext - Internal error:\home\kevin\src\dsp\dspconf\ndex.dsp: No such file or directory

Don't know how Linux handles backslashes as path separators--it might not. But it also looks like the i is getting chopped off the URL filename...

So I'm going to poke around some more and see what I can do to make the path handling more platform agnostic. But just wanted to let you know that this looks like a fantastic project!
pragma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So I'm going to poke around some more and see what I can do to make the path handling more platform agnostic. But just wanted to let you know that this looks like a fantastic project!

Very Happy That's just awesome, and thanks for the compliments! At the time of my last commit (a good while ago), I was on the cusp of using more Mango components to get better portability. I'm excited to see that it ported as well as it did.

Although there are a few things you should be aware of with DSP if you weren't already in-the-know.

In short, I am 100? focused over on DDL so that DSP will behave as expected. The major hurdle is a disconnect between the typeinfo trees in the on-demand compiled portions (the .dsp files) and the server/dsp engine itself (take a look at the status log thread in the forum). DDL will address these problems, and several more to boot (take a look at the size of those .so files in the cache!).

From DDL, we will also get a better server platform to work on.

That having been said, it *does* work for small servlets and trival applications. Enjoy!

As for the current state of DSP: the current build is very windows centric so path problems in ports are going to crop up - there's likely more than what you've found so far. Please feel free to hack away on what's there but do keep in mind that it's going to undergo a near complete rebuild once DDL 1.0 is released. Because of that I'm not going to be integrating any patches for the codebase - but do feel free to post any critiques or suggestions here in the forums. I'll harvest those ideas when the time comes to build a superior product. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DSP All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: