FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANNOUNCE: Initial checkin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: ANNOUNCE: Initial checkin Reply with quote

The existing code base has been checked in. This is the first part of the OpenGL package, which includes support for all core functions up to GL 1.5. If you check out the source, there are 2 READMEs.

README gives some general info about Derelict. Please read the section about the license. At this point, I have not decided which license to use, or even if the entire project will be covered under a single license or if each package will be licensed differently. The README explains why. I would appreciate any feedback after you have read it.

README.gl explains how to build, and use, derelictGL.lib. I would appreciate any feedback on missing functions, incorrect signatures, etc... The included gltest.d is primarily there for development purposes. I use it to catch typos in the function declarations at compile time, and in the function name strings at runtime (mispelled functions aren't found in the dll, of course). This does not allow me to verify other things, like typos in constants, missing functions, and such. There's got to be something fubared somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't be my code.

Over the coming days I will check in extension modules as I complete them (after a weekend at the in-laws house, grrr). Once they are all commited I'll tag a 0.1 release and package up a binary.

Enjoy!
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just browsed through the repository online and saw the horrible formatting of the source files. I'm not sure how that happened. It's probably the result some copying and pasting from different headers and aligning with the tab key. At any rate, it all looked nice and pretty in Crimson Editor. I've gone back and replaced all tabs with spaces. It all looks nice and neat in Notepad now, so when I'm ready to commit the next module I'll throw in the prettier files as well.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked in the prettied up source files along with a few bug fixes and support for all GL_ARB extensions.
Hohums

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
I just browsed through the repository online and saw the horrible formatting of the source files. I'm not sure how that happened. It's probably the result some copying and pasting from different headers and aligning with the tab key. At any rate, it all looked nice and pretty in Crimson Editor. I've gone back and replaced all tabs with spaces. It all looks nice and neat in Notepad now, so when I'm ready to commit the next module I'll throw in the prettier files as well.

I found with dig-dug that SVN mucks up the formating, no matter what you do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: