FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GameDev.net Four Elements Contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: GameDev.net Four Elements Contest Reply with quote

Who, other than myself, is planning to enter the Four Elements Contest at GameDev.net? Normally I would knock something up in C, but I'm thinking this is a great way to showcase D. So D it is. And Derelict, of course Smile
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: GameDev.net Four Elements Contest Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
Who, other than myself, is planning to enter the Four Elements Contest at GameDev.net? Normally I would knock something up in C, but I'm thinking this is a great way to showcase D. So D it is. And Derelict, of course Smile

Sounds like fun! But "robots, pirates, ninjas, and zombies" ? Now that is crazy Laughing If I get an idea about how to combine these, I'm in Razz
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: GameDev.net Four Elements Contest Reply with quote

h3r3tic wrote:
Sounds like fun! But "robots, pirates, ninjas, and zombies" ? Now that is crazy Laughing If I get an idea about how to combine these, I'm in Razz

Heh, you only need to use 2 of the 4. I'm going with robots and zombies Smile
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: GameDev.net Four Elements Contest Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
h3r3tic wrote:

Heh, you only need to use 2 of the 4. I'm going with robots and zombies Smile

Yeah, I know... but I think I'll go with all of them Twisted Evil
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm... would it be legal to take an existing project, like say .. warbots, and just add some zombies to it? Twisted Evil
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... sounds like fun. But I've never really made a solid game before (other than a smallish one on the C64 many years ago).

And I'm busy with a couple of other projects... I'll have to think about this one.

-JJR
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think i'll have anything done by then, sadly. I'm progressing pretty damn slow *ouch* (this being my first game and all)

Anybody else having better luck ?
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying. I've got something playable, but it needs quite a lot of polish yet. If I can't get it cleaned up and in good shape before the deadline, I won't be submitting it. I'm also not very happy with the game play. I may actually start over with something else.
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dudes, I won't be able to finish anything for the contest. too much RealLife(tm) stuff Sad I guess I'll wait for the 4e5 contest...
lgoss007

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to enter, but they changed it from the four elements to the four creatures (well the name is still four elements). I've had an idea brewing for the four elements and I'll probably make the game anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: