FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DStress results for Ares(Windows)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: DStress results for Ares(Windows) Reply with quote

Only those test cases that failed with Phobos 0.131 and/or Ares r102 are listed at:

http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/ares.html
sean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've noticed that some of the Ares failures are because I've moved std.c.linux and std.c.windows to sys.c.linux and sys.c.windows. Not sure what to do about this, but I may create forwarding modules for testing. Regarding delete_04: the results for Phobos are xfail but the results for Ares are fail. When I run this manually, ares generates an AssertError, which is what seems to be expected. What output is DStress looking for? Perhaps I need to ensure that Ares generates the same error output as Phobos for these tests?
ThomasK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding delete_04: the results for Phobos are xfail but the results for Ares are fail. When I run this manually, ares generates an AssertError, which is what seems to be expected. What output is DStress looking for? Perhaps I need to ensure that Ares generates the same error output as Phobos for these tests?

DStress is looking for some source file/module and line indication in the error message. The patterns dstress.c is looking for can be seen by recompiling dstress.c with "-DDEBUG" and looking for "pattern(...".

The current patterns for delete_04 are:
Quote:
delete_04(15)
norun\delete_04.d(15)

I have no problems with adding new formats, as long as there is some deterministic way to find source file/module and line.
sean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given this class definition:
[pre]
class Exception : Object
{
char[] msg;
char[] file;
size_t line;
}
[/pre]
Ares 0.2 and higher will display exception messages like so:

printf("?.*s(?u): ?.*s\n", e.file, e.line, e.msg);

With these as the predefined error messages (subject to change):

ArrayBoundsError - array index out of bounds
AssertError - assertion failure
OutOfMemoryError - memory allocation failed
SwitchError - no appropriate switch clause found

So if an assertion error is generated on line 15 of delete_04.d, the message will be this:

delete_04.d(15): assertion failure

I still need to add std.c.windows and std.c.linux forwarding modules for testing, but this should address most of the differences between Ares and Phobos test results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ares All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: