FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is UnDig?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: What is UnDig? Reply with quote

UnDig is an attempt to keep the dig library compiling and running with recent versions of the D compiler. (The files at opend.org haven't been updated is a long time.)

Warning
Although the current unDig code compiles with DMD 0.102, none of the example programs run correctly. No one is quite sure when things stopped working or where the actual bugs are. If you can't get the programs to run, you're not the only one. (On the other hand, if you do get an example to run, please let us know what you did. Wink)

Downloads
undig_src_2004.10.16.zip
undig_src_2004.05.29.zip

Documentation
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/undig/trunk/index.html
Burton set these docs up a long time ago, but they haven't been maintained, so they're probably woefully out-of-date. Also, there doesn't seem to be much there, but it might be a little useful for someone.

Last edited by jcc7 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Hohums

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one is quite sure when things stopped working or where the actual bugs are.

I'm pretty sure it was .97, as it worked perfectly fine for me in .96. After that changes in D's specification have just compounded the problem.

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks guys for keeping this project alive.
jcc7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hohums wrote:
Anyway, I'd like to say thanks guys for keeping this project alive.
I think it's on life-support. Sad But it's here if anyone wants to take a stab at fixing it. Or at salvaging what can be salvaging.
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why?
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AgentOrange wrote:
why?
Why not?

I'm not sure what you're asking. It's on life-support because we don't have the heart to kill it, but we don't have the wherewithal to cure it.

There's a lot of potentially useful code in dig.

The version on openD.org hasn't been updated in a couple of years. If someone wants to use it he'd either need to hunt down DMD 0.55 (or whatever version Burton Radons used to compile the last official release) or he'd have to change a bunch of the code to compile it with the latest DMD compiler. Dig used to compile and run correctly, but the compiler has changed in many ways and the code needs updating to work with newer versions of the D compiler.

I think it'd be easier to use the code in SVN (here at dsource) as a jumping off point than going back to the version on openD.org, but both options are avaiable to anyone who's interested in dig.

If I went off on a tangent not related to your question, you might try asking a more specific question. Wink
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i was just curious what was special about dig. i see a lot of d gui projects but im not sure which is which just yet....
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I don't really know what's special about it except it's pretty much the oldest GUI library for D, but since it's un-maintained it doesn't work anymore. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> unDig All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: