FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my experience with elephant ide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: my experience with elephant ide Reply with quote

I started the program and created new project
I tred to delete default file - unsuccessful - I did't like that
Then I clicked right mouse on the project and chose to add files to the project
I got messagebox for each file saying I need to select some folder - I didn't like that
Also there is no scrollbar in workspace windows/source view for the combo box... After selecting one of the bottom options you have to use the keyboard to select upper ones like classes...
And the last thing that left me with bad impression was file/open... multiselection works but it doesn't open more the one file...

P.S. will elephant remain closed source?
qbert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I started the program and created new project
I tred to delete default file - unsuccessful - I did't like that

Yea, to avoid much more headaches I just made one file mandatory, the build target. When you add / remove files , elephant will add an entry to the build target file ... just much easier if people don't remove it.

Quote:
Then I clicked right mouse on the project and chose to add files to the project
I got messagebox for each file saying I need to select some folder - I didn't like that

Yea you need to select a project folder -- I will change it to make this check before the file open dialog opens.

Quote:
Also there is no scrollbar in workspace windows/source view for the combo box... After selecting one of the bottom options you have to use the keyboard to select upper ones like classes...

Huh .. never noticed that. You must have a tiny screen lol , theres not really a whole lot of entries in those boxes. I will see if I can fix this.

Quote:
And the last thing that left me with bad impression was file/open... multiselection works but it doesn't open more the one file...

Oops , this'll be fixed for .27.

Quote:

P.s. Will elephant remain closed source ?

Yep.

Thanks for chiming in.

Charlie
qbert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.27 uploaded , www.thecodebase.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Elephant IDE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: