FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conflicts with glx
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike.

I must have lost my access in the server changeover.

- JJR
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I tried compiling DerelictGL on linux. It looks like we also have to remove "loadPlatformGL()" from DerelictGL_Load(...) in gl.d because it's located in the glx.d and wgl.d files (the imports for which we removed). I could do that, but then there's no system in place for loading the platform specific files beyond manually calling loadPlatformGL(). What should we do about this?

Since we are leaving it up to the programmer to decide to include glx.d and wgl.d, I guess we also need provide a proper means to do the loading. Is loadPlatformGL() intended for public consumption in this case? Or should Derelict be streamlined by including a flag in DerelictGL_Load such that the developer can decide whether he wants to include platform specific items?

-JJR

PS... More importantly: did you enjoy Episode III? Smile
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Mike,
I tried compiling DerelictGL on linux. It looks like we also have to remove "loadPlatformGL()" from DerelictGL_Load(...) in gl.d because it's located in the glx.d and wgl.d files (the imports for which we removed). I could do that, but then there's no system in place for loading the platform specific files beyond manually calling loadPlatformGL(). What should we do about this?

Allow gl.d to privately import wgl.d and glx.d?

Quote:

Since we are leaving it up to the programmer to decide to include glx.d and wgl.d, I guess we also need provide a proper means to do the loading. Is loadPlatformGL() intended for public consumption in this case? Or should Derelict be streamlined by including a flag in DerelictGL_Load such that the developer can decide whether he wants to include platform specific items?

If you were linking statically GL you would be getting the platform specific functions anyway. So, I think we should leave loadPlatformGL with package protection, privately import the relevant modules in gl.d, and load the plartform stuff automatically. I see wgl* and glx* as part of OpenGL, not separate. Plus, I don't think it's good to add an extra load call in there. If we were going to go that route, I'd then rather split them out into a different package for consistency. But in this case, I think we just don't need to.

Quote:

Overall, no. But it left me with a smile on my face at the end just because of a couple of scenes that were rather nostalgic. And it was somewhat better than Episodes I & II, so that was a relief.
JJR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
Allow gl.d to privately import wgl.d and glx.d?

Hmm... why didn't I think of that? Embarassed

Quote:
If you were linking statically GL you would be getting the platform specific functions anyway. So, I think we should leave loadPlatformGL with package protection, privately import the relevant modules in gl.d, and load the plartform stuff automatically. I see wgl* and glx* as part of OpenGL, not separate. Plus, I don't think it's good to add an extra load call in there. If we were going to go that route, I'd then rather split them out into a different package for consistency. But in this case, I think we just don't need to.

You are right. Private imports should do the trick and prevent name conflicts.

Quote:
JJR wrote:

Overall, no. But it left me with a smile on my face at the end just because of a couple of scenes that were rather nostalgic. And it was somewhat better than Episodes I & II, so that was a relief.

In my opinion, Episodes I & II weren't very good (other than special effects), so if III is at least better than those... well that's good.

-JJR
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: