FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cpw for Derelict

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Cpw for Derelict Reply with quote

I am almost done with my port of Cpw for Derelict.

Everything goes fine until I make an opengl call. Windows, menus, whatever, just no OpenGL..

I am hoping to get this fixed soon, any ideas?

Also, once I get this done, I want to contribute it to Derelict if it's wanted, otherwise, I can make a new project for it, but.. I don't see why not just add it to Derelict.?

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Cpw?
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mathies.com/cpw/

Cpw is a Cross Platform Windowing toolkit aimed to be a modern replacement for GLUT.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJR

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it kept up to date? I was checking out the site and the last update appears to be over 3 years ago. Nice toolkit, nonetheless.

OpenGL problems might be due to using extern(C) on windows instead of extern(Windows) for the opengl functions. In this case, you really do need to use extern(Windows).

-JJR
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to e-mail the author, but I got no response. I have half a mind to take the code (it's truly free) and rewite it in D completely using the core32 project, and see if someone else might want to make a linux port. The toolit is good, i love the design (to an extent) but he seems not to work on it anymore.

If I don't use extern(C) Cpw freaks out. If I don't use extern(Windows) OpenGL freaks out.

I need a new one.. like extern(MakeMyCrapWorkAlready)

or extern(IWishEverythingWasWrittenInD)

Very Happy
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually now just getting an Invalid Context error.

I can't even call opengl's glGetError though.. So, there might be something more going on wrong than just Cpw not creating a context or something..

Ideas = help = Smile

- Trevor Parscal
JJR

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,

It's really hard to know what to try without seeing some code. I have enough trouble troubleshooting these sort of problems with the code!

Sad

-JJR
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Core32 Reply with quote

trevorparscal wrote:
I have half a mind to take the code (it's truly free) and rewite it in D completely using the core32 project, and see if someone else might want to make a linux port.
If you decide to go this route, feel free to let me know if you find that Core32 lacks any definitions that you need. I know that Core32 isn't a complete port of the Windows headers, and I'd rather try to add them into the Core32 trunk than have a fork situation develop. Also, if you find some more conflicts with Phobos (Walter likes to sneak new definitions into std.c.windows.windows), I'll fix that, too.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Core32 Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
Also, if you find some more conflicts with Phobos (Walter likes to sneak new definitions into std.c.windows.windows), I'll fix that, too.

For what it's worth, I noticed during a recent build of DerelictGL that std.c.windows.windows now declares COLORREF, whereas in the past it didn't. That caused a conflict with DerelictGL's internal GDI declarations. Don't know if that affect's Core32 or not.
trevorparscal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not to have to change anything in Core32, but if I need something, i will let you know for sure! And any changes will hopefully make it into the Core32 project. I agree, a fork is bad.

And as you thought, I am indeed using Core32 to make a new version of Cpw in D. the new library is Terra, and I hope to impliment the same core functionality of Cpw in a more object oriented manner, and in D of course.

If anyone knows of a developer who might want to work with me on this to make a linux compatibility layer, let me know.

Otherwise, I am still going to be prting those pesky freetype headers, so that needs some help too.

I need a project space for Terra... Brad, (or anyone for that matter) you can IM me at trevorparscal (aim) or trevorparscal@hotmail.com (msn) or email me at trevorparscal@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

I am looking into that Lua license.. Seems really healthy for a project.

Thanks for the help so far.

- Trevor Parscal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: