FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Status update Reply with quote

Though I haven't uploaded any files to SVN yet, the project is alive and I'm actively working on it. My current goal is to create a robust global illumination processor for the scenes the game will be played. I've decided to roll my own tools since the ones available weren't satisfactory (either crashed for my scenes or produced terrible results). I've coded a fast kD-Tree implementation thanks to Jacco Bikker's excellent raytracing articles on flipcode. I've also hacked up a simple geometry unwrapper and the lightmap packing algorithm from blackpawn.com. Joined together with a few tricks from Henrik Jensen's book these form a simple photon mapper. Some development screenshots can be viewed here:
http://158.75.59.9/~h3/listDir.spy?viewType=img&path=code?2Fheresy?2Fimages
If you know anything about GI, you will spot a few errors in the global illumination solutions, but don't worry, I'm working on that Cool
If anyone wants to take a look at the sources (real hell at the moment), grab them from: http://158.75.59.9/~h3/code/heresy/src-2005-03-24.zip
I didn't have enought patience to play around with SVN's problems but I promise I will when the photon mapper is working well and I clean up the code a little bit Laughing

Last edited by h3r3tic on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

What you're doing is well beyond my knowledge level in 3D graphics. You never fail to impress me. You learned all this on your own? Smart fella! Smile

- JJR
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that pro in 3d graphics... but yea, I've learned it on my own during the last 3 or 4 years. Thanks go mostly to flipcode, gamedev, gamasutra and google. Oh, and to you for the positive feedback Wink
// off to code
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, like JJR said, awesome work, can't wait to see what crazy things you can cook up. : )
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded some new screenies to: http://158.75.59.9/~h3/listDir.spy?viewType=img&path=code?2Fheresy?2Fimages

Work in progress... Cool (Yes, you will get the code this year, lol)

Last edited by h3r3tic on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm bored here and stuck at school, so i hope you dont' mind my post too much : )

anyway, screenies are awesome. though i think the rooms need to be bigger or the tanks need to be smaller, or you need an outdoor terrain engine : )

nice to hear code in coming on dsource sometime this year : ) i am too lazy to download an unzip.

though once the code is up i'm sure you'll get a few comments on how to get it ported to whatever platform.

screenshots are the most promising opengl D engine i've seen, though i havn't seen much.
i'm sure physics are top notch too.

ok i'll be quiet now : )

*goes back to cave*
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:

anyway, screenies are awesome. though i think the rooms need to be bigger or the tanks need to be smaller, or you need an outdoor terrain engine : )

Lol... the tanks will be smaller. What you are seeing there is a joke. There used to be a car in the garage, but my brother took it out and put a tank instead Razz
The in-game tanks will be small, like remote-controlled toys.

Quote:

nice to hear code in coming on dsource sometime this year : ) i am too lazy to download an unzip.

lol... I thought it was actually easier to grab a zip.

Quote:

though once the code is up i'm sure you'll get a few comments on how to get it ported to whatever platform.

I'd be cool if it could run on an Amiga Laughing but we need a compiler there first.

Quote:

screenshots are the most promising opengl D engine i've seen, though i havn't seen much.
i'm sure physics are top notch too.

Hah, that's not much of an engine yet, but I'll code it not to fail your expectations Wink
The physics are fine, yet I'm having some trouble with ODE's trimeshes' stability
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've released TechDemo #4 which shows a few lightmaps and polygons Wink Lemme know (how fast)|(if) it runs on your machines.
http://158.75.59.9/~h3/projects.spy /*gonna have to make a separate page dedicated to Heresy / FragBots ... */
I'm currently cleaning && commenting the code so I can put it on dsource...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> FragBots All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: