FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: X Reply with quote

It looks like GLX will need some X bindings to make it very useful. For now I may just add them as needed to make GLX work. This is apparent when I look at some of the Nehe Tutorials.

At some point, an X Windows bindings branch to Derelict might be necessary. Do you think this qualifies to be part of Derelict? Or would it be better to just add it to the Bindings project. It's a very large undertaking Sad. I know a couple of people have completed partial X ports to D: one was from l8night and the other is part of Ant's DUI. The difference, of course, with Derelict is that these bindings are dynamicly loaded.

At some point adding some basic X functionality will probably be a good idea. I just wonder if Derelict is where it belongs. What do you think?

- John R.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it belongs in Derelict. If you can get by with a bare minimum, then sure go ahead and plop it down in the GL package. But otherwise I think this is something that should be in a separate project. Ideally it should be in Phobos like the Win32 stuff, and maybe if we can knock out a complete port it will be one day. Maybe, as you suggest, Bindings is the best place for it.
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. I'll see that I just get X stuff in that's necessary for glx.

Thanks for your input.

- John R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: