FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFL and DUI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: DFL and DUI Reply with quote

I've already start to use DFL and plan to install DUI to try it out, but maybe somebody could offer me some frist hand advice.

Does anybody have any pros/cons of either on? So far all I can tell is that DFL is windows only, and that DUI requires GTK+ (which I'm not too familiar with anyway).

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: DFL and DUI Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
I've already start to use DFL and plan to install DUI to try it out, but maybe somebody could offer me some frist hand advice.

Does anybody have any pros/cons of either on? So far all I can tell is that DFL is windows only, and that DUI requires GTK+ (which I'm not too familiar with anyway).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I didn't know a thing about GTK+ when I started DUI. DUI is very simple and easy to use (I'm talking about DUI, GTK+ code is very ugly and hard to read).

try the DUI tests on windows.
If you like the look and feel (should be the same as the native windows applications for windows 2000 and XP) take a look at the code.
if you like how the code looks try to use DUI dmd compiler UI.
if you get stuck post DUI question on the DUI forum.

DUI cons:
- GTK on windows is not as good as the linux version. Seems that a lot of work was done for the windows 2.6 release, but I didn't try it yet.
- DUI has only one developer, but that is a problem with most of the D projects.
- There are no know third party projects using DUI, but some hint's that people are at least trying out DUI are quite visible on the D and DUI forums.

DUI pros:
- I'll try to give support to DUI users

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: