FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cserver/cclient
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Ohh... testMulticast(). Looks like it's supposed to display some information about "listener received ... bytes." That didn't happen.

Okay, these problems with multicast are starting to come back to me now. I remember having to move different options around in order test what worked and what didn't. Were those issues ever resolved?

A primary issue back then was the compiler totally ignored a 'break' statement within the loop of SocketListener. Walter did fix that, and testMulticast() would operate as expected until it exited. At that point, there used to be a segfault somewhere in the socket layer (that looked like it was being asked to close a socket after the shared-lib had been unloaded).

This is all related to linux; everything operates as expected on Win32 ...
kris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
http://www.webservertalk.com/message460295.html

In retrospect, this may become an issue on certain platforms; just haven't hit them yet. I'll add a method for specifying the default local adapter ...

Thanks for the link, matey.
kris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Request for Linux debug skills ... Reply with quote

Mango.io.SocketListener apparently still has problems on the Linux platform, which may be related to the additional thread employed (there may be some kind of race condition; or perhaps access to an Object that has been reaped, during program termination). It's the only known bug in Mango at this time.

I don't have a Linux box and, worse, my experience with Linux is truly minimal Embarassed

So, I'd like to ask if anyone has the time, inclination, experience, and tools to track this one down? I can put together some test cases, and offer possible causes, for what that's worth.

How about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: