FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pragma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Contributions Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have some code that I'd like to contribute to Deimos, and would like to know what the guidelines are. Are there any particular conventions that the project mods would like me to follow?

Right now, I'm working on DSP. There is a widget or two that have come out of the project that are neither DSP nor Mango specific. I feel that these pieces of code may have more value in this library than in my own.

One of these is a modification to std.loader that removes all the auto class restrictions that is ideal for working with DLL's. I would also like to contribute a more complete MultimethodDelegate and MulticastDelegate template library that I submitted to the NG earlier this week (BTW, I have no idea if this may already be covered by DTL).
Blandger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Contributions Reply with quote

pragma wrote:

One of these is a modification to std.loader that removes all the auto class restrictions that is ideal for working with DLL's.

Sorry for little off-topic. If you talk about loader I'd like to ask you Eric or someone else.

Is it possible to export to DLL classes but not only functions in D? I'd really like to see some examples, how-tos, tutorials. Is std.loader helpful for loading such classes?

I've already seen examples how export functions written by David L. Davis aka SpottedTiger.
pragma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Contributions Reply with quote

Blandger wrote:

Is it possible to export to DLL classes but not only functions in D? I'd really like to see some examples, how-tos, tutorials. Is std.loader helpful for loading such classes?

I haven't worked much with trying to export/import a whole class, as I'm unsure if D supports that yet. What I am doing is returning instances of classes, in a factory-like manner, through an exported function. Not quite the same thing I know, but it works great.

Blandger wrote:

I've already seen examples how export functions written by David L. Davis aka SpottedTiger.

I tried to acquire this example, but it looks like its been taken down for the moment.

I understand that an "etc.loader" or something similar is a pretty thin contribution, but its something that I feel many could use. Smile
SpottedTiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pragma, I've been pretty busy the past few months, but I did finally get around to fixing the WinDLL.dll std.loader example. If you still want to check it out, you'll need the following code below:

1) Main_Loader.d - http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Main_Loader_WinDLL.html

2) WinDLL.d, and WinDLL.def - http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_WinDLL.html

Currently this code works only for Free Functions, and not for Classes (one of these days I'm going to figure that out).

Hope you find it useful,
David L. 'SpottedTiger' Davis
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Deimos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: