FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huge Commit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Huge Commit Reply with quote

I'm in the process of committing some additions, changes and fixes - svn is being a PITA and the client keeps crapping out at various points in the process because it can't connect to the server. But I'm persisting. Hopefully it will get committed today Smile

The bulk of the changes center around the loading of the python shared lib. Before, all functions were loaded by a private function in python.d. The sheer number of functions being loaded had become a beast to maintain. So now each module is responsible for loading its own functions via a new package protection function (dpyGetProc) in dpyloader.d (which also now takes responsibility for the shared lib handle). Python.d's private load method now calls a package-protected method in each module to load the functions it is responsible for. I have no plans to implement the same system for any of the other existing Derelict packages.

In the process of making the change, I also caught (and fixed!) several bugs in the Python stuff. There are also six more python headers converted to D modules in the new commit.

And finally, I found a two week old email from a fellow by the name of Miguel (sorry, I deleted your email and then managed to lose your full name when TortoiseSVN truncated my commit comments after the commit failed). He pointed out a bug in DerelictGL where glGenLists was declared as having a void return type when it should have been GLuint.

So all of this stuff will be commited shortly (grrr before Christmas would be nice... failed three more times while I was typing this). If anyone else has bugs/questions or anything else Derelict-related to report, please post here. If you absolutely must email me, I rarely check my yahoo accounts anymore. I now have gmail.com account that I use regularly, and my ID is the same as it is here.

EDIT: Commit is complete!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: