FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviving Juno on GitHub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nascent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reviving Juno on GitHub Reply with quote

It seems I have missed that there has been some development happening outside SVN. But this will probably be a good thing.

https://github.com/he-the-great/Juno-Windows-Class-Library

I've made Juno 4 compile on DMD 2.056, but at this time the examples don't seem to compile or work.

I've been informed that Juno 5.1 was not what was in SVN so I will be looking at taking that update.

I will not however do as John has done and support D1 and D2 in the same branch. And most importantly my interest lies in getting it working on D2 but I will try to apply fixes to both versions.
samsam698

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited that someday somebody take up this project!!!!Appreciated and looking forward to your keeping on updates!!!
nascent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect me to be able to claim a working Juno too quickly. Ignoring the other stuff I've put on my plate (I'll get back to this after a create my std.csv pull request), I'm not familiar with COM in any way. So not only will I have to learn and verify what I'm trying to do is possible on my system.

This is also why I have been so grateful for Richard Webb's (Numpsy) contributions.
nascent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Numpsy has been of great help and contributed much more then myself. Examples are compiling and working. There is still much to be done.

Also, the project is much large than my interest. Me and Numpsy really just want the COM related items. I haven't decided if this would warrant a separation of components or not, for the time being it will just be keeping things compiling.
jicman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks so much for picking this up. If one would like help with the JUno D1 version, would one ask for help here?
nascent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in need of help then I'd suggest posting to d.learn. No one is really watching these boards. You can email me directly (shouldn't be too hard to track that down).

As for D1. I don't expect you'll find support. I don't have interest in maintaining it and I already struggle getting Juno to a usable place for myself.

[Only reason I'm here is because I got an email from this Forum]
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reviving Juno on GitHub Reply with quote

nascent wrote:
https://github.com/he-the-great/Juno-Windows-Class-Library

The old URL has gone dead. I think is a good substitute:
https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/Juno-Windows-Class-Library
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Juno All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: