FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New forum - owned by sick person?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thornik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: New forum - owned by sick person? Reply with quote

Anybody can tell me who is that stupid who organised forum here: http://dblog.aldacron.net/ ? That smarty made so many f** ups, that I lost my wish to talk to him:
1. His forum cannot work with OpenID, because during registration idiotic "validation" still checks password (which obviously doesn't exist).
2. "D has a kind of hash map built into the language. What is it called?:" - fusking smart question, esp. when people needs help! Associative array is a proper answer, but WTF he ask it??
3. Next stupidity: "What is the largest floating point type in the D programming language?:". Definitely NOT real (as he suppose), but DOUBLE, since "real" is a biggest _hardware_ float number.

Cannot catch how people can be so vain...
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: New forum - owned by sick person? Reply with quote

I'm sure the OP will never read this since it's been a few months since the post, but in case anyone else stumbles in here because they are upset...

thornik wrote:
Anybody can tell me who is that stupid who organised forum here: http://dblog.aldacron.net/ ?

That would be me.

Quote:
That smarty made so many f** ups, that I lost my wish to talk to him:

Too bad.
Quote:

1. His forum cannot work with OpenID, because during registration idiotic "validation" still checks password (which obviously doesn't exist).

I'm using the default configuration of the software. If something isn't working right, then it might be something I overlooked.

Quote:

2. "D has a kind of hash map built into the language. What is it called?:" - fusking smart question, esp. when people needs help! Associative array is a proper answer, but WTF he ask it??

I was getting spam accounts from the moment I opened the forum. Captchas weren't helping. One account getting through could result in hundreds of spam posts. So I tried for a while manually approving and rejecting new accounts until the time required became more than I was willing to invest. The forum has a built-in security feature to require registrants to answer questions on sign up. I created a handful of questions that I guessed were simple enough for D users to be able to answer and configured it to ask two or three. Since then, I've had several legitimate users sign up and no more spammers.

Quote:
3. Next stupidity: "What is the largest floating point type in the D programming language?:". Definitely NOT real (as he suppose), but DOUBLE, since "real" is a biggest _hardware_ float number.

D has three floating point types: float, double, real. The fact that real is implemented in the hardware doesn't change that variables of that type can be declared in D.

Quote:
Cannot catch how people can be so vain...

I recently got an email from another pissed off guy who, unlike you, was unable to answer the questions. I'll tell you (and everyone like you) the same thing I told him. If you want to volunteer to delete all the spam, I'll turn off this security feature and allow anyone and everyone to sign up.

I'm happy to help anyone using Derelict when I can (even those who blow their tops and throw all sorts of insults at me), but please remember that I do this in my very limited free time without any compensation. If my desire to avoid spending that time in fighting spam upsets you, then that's your problem. Unless, of course, you want to pay me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: