FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

derelict.util.exception.SymbolLoadException@derelict\util\ex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: derelict.util.exception.SymbolLoadException@derelict\util\ex Reply with quote

What is this? o.O

I thougth after my detailed post here http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6311
it will be fixed for all future versions.

Hope that will be done now.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SymbolLoadException means that a function Derelict expected to find in a shared library is missing. What are the problems you are having now? Same as in the other post? I told you there what the potential causes were.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just now checked the C header files and the documentation for libogg. The functions you listed in the other post are all there, so they are supposed to be part of the public API. The headers are what the Derelict bindings are based on. Not the .DEF file.

Furthermore, I compiled the DLL using MinGW. In this case, all of the functions you listed as missing are actually there and exported by the DLL as they should be. I haven't done so with libvorbis, but I assume it's the same.

So the problem here is not with Derelict. It seems someone forgot to add those missing functions to the DEF files when they were first added to the ogg/vorbis APIs. As such, when compiling with MSVC, those functions are not being exported by the DLLs. I suggest you file a bug with the libogg and libvorbis maintainers. In the meantime, if you compile with MinGW under MSYS rather than MSVC, you will get a properly configured DLL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: