FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictGL3 library compilation errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dav1d

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: DerelictGL3 library compilation errors Reply with quote

When building Derelict3, the DerelictGL3 library file does not build with the following error messages:

Building DerelictGL3

Code:
../import/derelict/opengl3/arb.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/internal.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/types.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/constants.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/functions.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/wgl.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/gl3.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/cgl.d
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(177): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(178): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(179): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(180): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(181): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(182): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(183): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(184): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(185): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(186): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(187): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(188): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(189): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(190): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(191): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(192): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(193): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(194): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(195): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(196): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2
../import/derelict/opengl3/glx.d(198): Error: expected 3 function arguments, not 2

Build succeeded.

On an Archlinux 64 Bit with dmd-git.

(I am posting this for `diverse` he has problems with the registration)

PS: aldacron, wanna join us in #D sometime?
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: DerelictGL3 library compilation errors Reply with quote

dav1d wrote:
On an Archlinux 64 Bit with dmd-git.

There seems to be a regression with dmd-git that messes up functions with default parameters. It's been reported to me before. But I'm not going to build DMD just to minimize it for a bug report. If someone else wants to, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll get to it when the next beta is released. Of course, the right advice is to avoid using unreleased versions of DMD with Derelict.

Quote:

PS: aldacron, wanna join us in #D sometime?

Every time I've logged into it in the past, it was either dead or so busy that it was distracting me from my work. In all the years IRC has been around, I've never understood why people like it.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I might as well give a starting point:

Code:

void foo(void delegate(int i, bool yes = true) dg)
{
   dg(1);
}

void main()
{
   void inner(int i, bool yes = true)
   {

}
   foo(&inner);
}

Based on the error, this is the sort of thing that's failing. Unless it's something wild that's happening, this should be a good starting point to find a minimal case and submit to bugzilla.
dav1d

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: DerelictGL3 library compilation errors Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
Every time I've logged into it in the past, it was either dead or so busy that it was distracting me from my work. In all the years IRC has been around, I've never
understood why people like it.

It was worth a try :/.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I installed an IRC client and logged in a couple of hours ago. Nothing happened Wink I guess it's a time-zone thing.
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I've updated Derelict now to avoid the problem. It seems this isn't really a regression. It was a side-effect of a bug fix, but one Walter apparently thinks is a good thing. The work-around in Derelict was simple, so it should compile now with dmd-git.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: