FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rewrite progress?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscissa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Rewrite progress? Reply with quote

I saw in another thread you're in the middle of a complete rewrite of Orange. I'm wondering how far along that is. Is a release just around the corner, or is there still a fair bit more to do?

Also, will the mechanism for custom output formats be significantly different?

I'm wondering because I'm interested in using Orange to output some complex data structures to JSON, and I'm not sure if it would make more sense to go ahead with the current version of Orange and then switch when the new one is out, or just wait for the new one.
doob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly it's almost finished, working on the unit tests. The implementation is quite different and the API for creating new archive types is completely different. I don't think it would be easy to just use a custom archive type written for the 0.0.1 version with the new version. The implementation would probably be quite similar, the API is different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orange All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: