FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tango 0.99.9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Tango 0.99.9 Reply with quote

I try to build with tango 0.99.9 but fail
some tips:
Quote:
find . -type f -name "*.d" | xargs sed -i "s|import tango.math.Random;|import tango.math.random.Random;|"
find . -type f -name "*.d" | xargs sed -i "s|import tango.io.File;|import tango.io.device.File;|"

sed -i "s|public void isFullscreen(bool set)|public bool isFullscreen(bool set)|" Rae.d
sed -i "s|void isFullscreen(bool set)|bool isFullscreen(bool set)|" rae/core/IRaeMain.d
sed -i "26a import tango.sys.Environment;" Rae.d
sed -i "s|FileSystem.getDirectory|Environment.cwd|"

I have to create in rae_trunk/rae a src directory
put rae_trunk/rae/rae in src
and run dmake
Code:
$ dmake --source src/ --lib src/rae/ --name rae

Error
Code:
Rae.d(148): Error: function rae.utils.json.JsonReader.keyValue (char[],void delegate(char[])) does not match parameter types (char[12LU],bool delegate())
Rae.d(148): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (&this.isFullscreen) of type bool delegate() to bool

Last edited by bioinfornatics on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in util.json module why you do not use template like:
Code:

import Convert = tango.util.Convert;
void keyValue(T)( char[] set_key, T set_value ){
   if( useComma == true ) root ~= ","; useComma = true;
   root ~= "\n" ~ indent() ~ "\"" ~ set_key ~ "\"" ~ " : " ~ Convert.to!(char[])(set_value, decimals);
}
void keyValue(T)( char[] set_key, T delegate() set_value ){
   keyValue( set_key, set_value() );
}
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some other command to do
Code:
$ find . -name "*.d" | xargs sed -i "s|FileSystem.getDirectory|Environment.cwd|g"

$ find . -name "*.d" | xargs sed "s|import tango.io.FileSystem;|import tango.io.FilePath;|

$ sed -i "314a \t\t// create an array to house the entire file\n\t\tauto content = new char [file.length];" rae/utils/json.d

$ sed -i "s|reset( cast(char\[\]) file.read() );|reset( cast(char\[\]) file.read(content) );|" rae/utils/json.d

if you can continue Wink
kaarna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for trying to build it.

But I'm not migrating to tango 0.99.9 until there's a working installer for Mac OS X. Sounds like a lame reason, but currently there is no installer, and my focus is currently in getting Rae 0.1 released, and not trying to install new compilers and libraries. There is currently no information anywhere on how to install tango 0.99.9 on Mac OS X.

You should take a look at:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/rae/wiki/testing_rae
if you want to try it out. I'm not sure if it's up to date, but at least there's some info on what you need.

Windows won't propably work currently (it might compile, but there is a strange slowness problem), and it propably would need tango 0.99.9 to get it working properly (but it still might not fix the slowness problem. That should be tested.)

If you can get Mac OS X or Linux environment with a working GDC, tango 0.99.8 and DSSS setup, then you might be close to getting it working. I currently also have my custom GtkD version, but a newer GtkD version might also work. (I should really drop the dependancy to it, or then merge my stuff with the gtkd trunk.)

I might test installing tango 0.99.9 propably with DMD for OS X. I was quite happy with the GDC performance and everything, so I'm not that eager to change to DMD.

Other than these toolchain issues (which are horrible, I know), Rae is in a very nice condition in my opinion. The arranging of widgets should be rewritten, but other than that and a few quirks, it's really nice working with it. But of course that's also due to the fact that I know it inside out.

I just wrote the json thing very quickly. Thanks for the template suggestion, I'll try if it works for me.

Your error with the json thing sounds weird. I'll try to look if the version in trunk is up to date.
Also, are you trying to build rae as a library? I haven't gotten that working with DSSS. I just build the individual examples. You should try building examples/paned_app. Or helloworld.
kaarna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. About your error. It doesn't make sense.
In the trunk there is rae/utils/json.d line 266:
Code:
void keyValue( char[] set_key, bool delegate() set_value )
       {
           keyValue( set_key, set_value() );
       }

http://www.dsource.org/projects/rae/browser/trunk/rae/rae/utils/json.d#L266

So, the bool isFullscreen() delegate should be handled by that.
I haven't tried your template thing yet, but I have a suspicion that it might not work with delegates?

Anyway, the lack of an OS X installer seems to be just an excuse because, there seems to be some kind of a package of tango 0.99.9 for OS X with DMD. I was just testing building it with PowerPC OS X, so the only option there was GDC, and therefore I didn't want to switch to DMD. But as that actually failed (it built, but floats didn't work!) there's really no reason anymore to stay with 0.99.8. I'll try what I can do later...
Nisaea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please do! Smile

I'm totally in love with rae, it's soooo sleek, but I can't use it either because of the version issue with Tango 0.99.9 ><

You really did a wonderful job and have a great sense of ergonomy, and it's a pity rae can't be used with an up-to-date Tango. I'm sure bioinfornatics and I are far from being the only ones being frustrated by it!

If I can help in any way, please let me know how! ^^
kaarna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll see when I'll get the time to test installing a new compiler and tango 0.99.9.

I'm a bit nervous about it, because I've been having some forward referencing bugs after compiler updates in the past. And Rae is relatively big (well, it's small enough), so sometimes when there's obscure compiler errors (DMD!) it's really difficult to find where the problem is.

But it's inevitable, and I really should do it before announcing Rae, as it's really uncomfortable to hear of a new great project and go to the website, and then see that it's in a horrible state and can't even be compiled.
Nisaea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to it! Smile

Good luck with dmd! ><
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use dmake for generate makefile: http://gitorious.org/dmake/dmake

Currently dmake works with dmd and ldc, i go add gdc support.
DSS is a die project

same as Nisea i hope new version who support last tango come soon Wink
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest trunk works with Tango 0.99.9 on Windows. Haven't yet tested Linux or OS X.

Maybe tomorrow...
Nisaea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaargh!

just when I don't have the time to test it...

I hope I will soon, thanks for the work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Rae All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: