FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMG_Load doing a segment fault

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zardoz

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: IMG_Load doing a segment fault Reply with quote

I'm using DMD 2.052 wich svn Derelict2 rev 551 in kUbuntu 10.10 x64

I'm trying to use IMG_Load to load a image file and I get a segment fault wich any path that I put to IMG_Load.

Code :
Code:

import std.stdio;
import std.string;
import derelict.sdl.sdl;
import derelict.sdl.image;

//SDL_GLDisplay d;

int main () {

writeln("Loading...");   

DerelictSDL.load();
    DerelictSDLImage.load();

if ( SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) != 0 ) {
        writeln("Error init.");
    }

SDL_Surface * screen = SDL_SetVideoMode (800,600,32,SDL_HWSURFACE);
    SDL_Surface * image = IMG_Load (toStringz("/home/luis/proyectos/DGame/bin/res/test.png"));

SDL_Delay(1000);// Delay of 1 second
   return 0;
}

What i'm doing wrong ?
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong. But, I see you're using a 64-bit system. Most of the bugs reported here lately have been on 64-bit Linux. So it might have something to do with that. Do you have access to a 32-bit system to test it on?
Zardoz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not, I'm using 64 bits in all of my pc's,m but I just discover how avoid these bug...

I got the same problem using any GLU function like gluBuild2DMipmaps , and searching about problems with Derelict and GLU, I find that --export-dynamic flag can do give some problems. I erased these flag from dmd.conf, and now I can use GLU functions and IMG_Load without any segmentation fault.

This pretty anoying... I'm thinking that some problems that i'm getting are realted to dmd.

I try GDC. I read that GDC support actual D2, but I get confused about it, becuase, when I try to use GDC with a hello word code with writeln, I get a error : undefined identifier writeln, did you mean function writefln? And the -v2 flag is unrecognized. I think that will do a rfresh install to last kubuntu version of 32 bits, to try avoid some of this weird problems...
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zardoz wrote:
I got the same problem using any GLU function like gluBuild2DMipmaps , and searching about problems with Derelict and GLU, I find that --export-dynamic flag can do give some problems.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't event think about that. I know it's caused other problems before.
Zardoz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More funnier ... I discover that now I can remove pragma(lib, "....\DerelictUtil.a". Before I need it to compile without anoying linking errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: