FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: D2 port of bud/build 3.0.4 sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: ANN: D2 port of bud/build 3.0.4 sources Reply with quote

I updated bud/build to compile with D2. I tested it on Mac OSX 10.6.3 and on Linux, both x86_64. I haven't tried it on windows.

I couldn't reach Derek Parnell by email, and so I attached a source tarball to the main wiki page. It was tested with dmd2.0.52. The link is here.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/bud-3-1.04-ported-to-D2.tar.gz?format=raw

I'm not the maintainer for this, and I'm new to D so I may not be much help if it doesn't work. But the port seems to work for me, so I'm offering it just in case it helps you.

- J
Epileg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not able to compile it on ubuntu 64-bit Maverick with dmd 2052
Can You upload the compiled executable for Linux please?
jaye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the port D2 actually works out of the box; It compiles but does not run. i.e. it still needs some love. So you might be better using rdmd, which Andrei A. wrote and which appears to figure out dependencies automagically.

Otherwise, you'll need to work on the sources.
Epileg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, rdmd do the job perfectly. Now I understand why bud development is not active.

Best regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: