FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sorting of items in folders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: sorting of items in folders Reply with quote

The files contained in the folder trees seem to be manually sorted, an automatic case-insensitive alphabetic sort would be preferable, which is consistent with visual studio's behavior for C++ code etc.
sagitario

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that on my todo list, but there is a little blocker for me: if you use the custom build rules per file, there is currently no dependency check on these, so the build order is simply determined by the order of the files in the project. This doesn't work anymore with automatically sorted files.

I've also come across bugs in dmd where a workaround relies on a special order of files, but that could also be solved with special naming of these files or usage of folders to manipulate the ordering.

Maybe an explicite command "Sort project" would be an appropriate intermediate solution.
Zone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly surprised the dmd2 toolchain is a bottleneck and affecting the design, its the whole reason I was happy to see Visual D in the first place Smile

So far its the most visible complaint, which is a good sign really. All the messy things I wanted to do are working, like configuring D to have the intermediate folders out of my source tree entirely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: