FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bud/build fails with UTF-8 error on windows XP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drobo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: bud/build fails with UTF-8 error on windows XP Reply with quote

Hi all

I managed to build gtkD successfully on one XP computer, but a couple of hours later I was going to do the same on my home computer (also XP), and bud_win.exe (dub/build) gives me the following error:

C:\gtkd\src\build>bud_win.exe gtkD.brf
Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence

I am aware that D source may come with different character codes but it seems strange since I pulled the SVN source just a couple of hours later.
Could it be that someone has uploaded code to SVN in the mean time with a different character code, or could it be OS settings? I tried to update TortoiseSVN just in case (Didn't find any settings there regarding character code either)

Any idea where this is going south?
Epileg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no UTF-8 problem with this file. The problem I've found is the "new_line" and the "end_of_file" characters are incorrect. I don't know the cause but it mix the Windows (0D 0A) and Linux (0A) style, and this is not correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: