FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to enable drag and drop in a TreeView

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skirino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: How to enable drag and drop in a TreeView Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm writing a simple application that uses TreeView and ListStore and now I want to add drag and drop functionality.
So I used TreeView.enableModelDragDest and TreeView.enableModelDragSource, and made a derived class of ListStore that implements functions in TreeDragDestIF and TreeDragSourceIF.
But unfortunately it doesn't work, the functions of my derived class are not called when a row is dragged.

Am I missing something important?
How should I implement drag and drop in TreeView?

Thanks in advance.
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implementing interfaces is difficult in gtkD at the moment.

You can see in http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd/browser/trunk/src/gtk/TreeModel.d how the treemodel interface is implemented.
skirino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the reply, now I understand (to some extent) the difficulty to bridge the gap between D's interfaces and GObject's interfaces.

I tried in many ways but the implementation in TreeModel.d is probably not directly applicable to my purpose (to override ListStore's methods that belong to TreeDragDestIF and TreeDragSourceIF).
In the meantime I need to learn about the type system of GObject and how vtables for interfaces are treated internally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: