FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QtD - win7 - mingw - D2.036

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: QtD - win7 - mingw - D2.036 Reply with quote

The build seemed to work fine but it didn't seem to install anything. When I go to build samples I get errors like "Cannot find QApplication.d". It seems to have been generated and exists in build_dir\build\qt\gui, but it didn't get installed to the place that the build.bat scripts expect things to be.

Is this something that the "mingw32-make" call is supposed to do?
Or is there another install step necessary that wasn't mentioned on BuildingInstructions?
eldar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried installing QtD on windows. Presumably, you performed mingw32-make install? If so, have you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX option in cmake? Although I do recall some issues with make install on windows.
Sorry for the late reply again.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldar wrote:
I haven't tried installing QtD on windows. Presumably, you performed mingw32-make install? If so, have you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX option in cmake? Although I do recall some issues with make install on windows.
Sorry for the late reply again.

Well, first off, the wiki instructions don't say anything about it being necessary to run 'mingw32-make install'. If that is something one should do, then the instructions should mention that.

Second, I did decide to give that a try, but the problem then becomes that the makefiles ignore CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and install everything in some default directory. I couldn't figure out why that was the case.

Anyway, if the QtD build instructions carried all the way through to building an example on each of the supported platforms, then it wouldn't really matter that things don't work as one might guess, because the instructions would make it so you don't have to guess.
eldar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make install is indeed broken on windows, we tried to fix it but unsuccesfully. What you can do is use cmake to build the examples that come with qtd. You just turn on the corresponding option in cmake(invoked by cmake-gui.exe). for now probably you have to work it around like that. I'm afraid Im too busy at the moment to write instructions to workaround this problem, I might make build of qtd from trunk, and make it available for download. Once we make the next version of qtd, we will provide packages for it as well.
eldar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am in the process of building QtD on windows now, but I will be doing it for windows XP, as I don't have win7.

Short instructions for you:
1) Don't do mingw32-make install, it's broken.
2) after you built QtD in the <src>/build_dir/ copy
a) <src>/build_dir/build/lib/*.dll to your <dmd_installation>/bin/ directory
b) <src>/build_dir/build/lib/*.lib to your <dmd_installation>/lib/ directory
c) <src>/qt/ directory to <dmd_installation>/<wherever_imports_are>/ directory
d) <src>/qt/d2/qt directory to <dmd_installation>/<wherever_imports_are>/ directory

3) Now all dlls are in the dmd bin directory, which will make them available on the system's path. Copied D headers are also in the directory where dmd looks up for import. To compile an example you need to use a script like this:

dmd main.d qtdcore.lib qtdgui.lib

I hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> QtD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: